But Why?

Happy New Year Y'all 🤍

Y/N's P.O.V

Tonight was an annual family dinner. My parents did this often. We would all get together for a huge dinner and enjoy family time.

And by all that does includes Anthony, Skai, and Marsai. To my parents they're basically their kids as well.

Lauren left my house earlier this morning. It hasn't even been a day yet and I still can't believe that we're together. This is definitely a crazy ass off season.

"When the fuck did you get here?" I asked Anthony.

"About one in the morning. Where were you? Cause you weren't here." He answers.

"I'm gonna tell you something but you can't say anything to anyone." I say.

"Oh we're telling secrets. What about?" Jordan said scaring the shit out of Anthony and I.

"Where did you come from?" I asked my older brother.

"You ain't hear? Dad and Ma want to have the dinner at your house. Ma said she likes your kitchen better. Now to the more important shit. What's the secret?" He asked.

"Alright fine but don't go running your mouth. I took Lauren to the lake last night. She met grandad and he really likes her. Kinda shocked me since he's not friendly. But anyway long story short, we're dating." I say.

"Wait, you bagged Lauren? Like Michael's mom? Does Michael know?" Jordan questioned.

"No, not yet. That's why I don't want y'all to say anything. I gotta talk to him about it first." I respond.

"I knew this would happen. The very moment that you introduced me to her, I knew right away that she liked you. She seems genuine so all I gotta say is don't fuck it up." Anthony says.

"I agree with him. Don't fumble no baddie. You know how I am when it comes to them baddies." Jordan said.

"Shut up nigga." I laughed.

First my grandfather and now my brother and my best friend. The support of my new relationship was going good so far. But I still needed to talk to Skai.

_____________

Everyone was here chatting amongst themselves as my mother was finishing up in the kitchen. I was busy in my phone. I've been texting Lauren all damn day.

"Who got you smiling at your phone like a teenage girl?" Marsai teased.

"Mind your lonely and single business." I replied.

"Damn, it's like that?" She laughed.

I waved her off returning to my phone. I felt Skai eyeing me. Let me get this over with. I sent her a text letting her know that we needed to talk.

I disappeared from the group going to my room. About five or so minutes later she walked into the room. She looked confused.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I'm not gonna sugarcoat or beat around the bush with you. We can't see each other anymore." I say.

Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be. I always seem to overthink things. It wasn't even that bad.

"Why?" She asked.

"Why isn't important. Whatever we were doing is over now. That's just that." I reply.

"Really? I thought you liked me. I thought we were going to take the next step." She said.

It's obvious she's upset about it but there's nothing I can do. She's not who I want and I'm not gonna pretend like she is.