<22>

Lia sprawled on Ryujin's bed and murmured, "Wow, your bed is so comfy." They had just arrived at Ryujin's house and gone straight to their usual study spot, which was Ryujin's bedroom.

"I know, right?" Yeji agreed, also settling onto the bed. They lay there for a few minutes before Yeji asked, "So, what do you need help with this time?" She scooted closer to Ryujin and started rummaging through her backpack, searching for a particular notebook.

"Physics," Ryujin whined, sliding the notebook over to Lia for her to take a look before they started studying.

"Okay, well, this is going to be hard to help with. Come on, let's get to work," Yeji said, pulling Ryujin up since her back was against the bed.

A FEW HOURS LATER 

Yuna groaned in frustration and exhaustion. "Gahhhh! Can we stop now? My brain is seriously burnt out!"

Ryujin looked at her phone and said, "We've been studying for a couple of hours. Let's take a break and make dinner. Who's with me?"

"Yes!" Chaeryeong and Yuna shouted in unison.

"Okay then, let's go," Ryujin said, standing up quickly and heading out of the room with the other two, leaving Yeji and Lia behind.

"God, they're so loud," Lia commented.

"I know," Yeji replied. "Let's go help them."

The three girls who were already in the kitchen decided to make simple meals for today.

"What are we making today?" Lia asked.

"Bibimbap and mandu!" Chaeryeong answered quickly, cutting off Lia's words.

"I need some help chopping up the vegetables!" Ryujin called out.

"I'll help!" Yeji replied and quickly rolled up her sleeves to assist her.

"Lia-unnie, can you help me with the mandu?" Yuna asked, waving the older girl over.

"Tonight's dinner is going to be delicious!" Lia sang while walking towards the others, rolling up her sleeves and tying her hair in a small low bun.

"Hey, Lia-unnie! I think your phone is ringing," Chaeryeong pointed towards a buzzing phone resting on the couch.

"Oh, thanks," Lia said as she quickly walked over to her phone. She scanned the caller ID and was surprised to see Soobin's name.

"Soobin? Why are you calling?"

"Your mom and my mom said we need to have a family meeting tomorrow for some reason, and they want us to attend together," Soobin explained, groaning through the phone. Family meetings were never pleasant, and they usually meant something serious or problematic.

To Lia, Soobin was like a brother, but she had never really talked to anyone about it. The girls didn't even know that the guy Yeonjun was hanging out with was someone she considered an unbiological sibling.

Soobin, on the other hand, saw Lia as an older sister. Since they were both only children, they had connected on a deeper level and shared their problems with each other when their parents were out of town or something was bothering them.

Neither of them had told anyone about their sibling-like friendship, not even their parents.

"Hey Lia, who was that on the phone?" Chaeryeong asked, looking up from the food they were preparing.

"My cousin. I have a family meeting tomorrow," Lia replied with a sigh.

"Oh, does that mean you won't talk to us until the day after?" Yuna asked.

"Maybe. It depends on if my parents want me to stay home," Lia said, glancing over at Ryujin and Yeji who were deep in conversation while cutting vegetables.

"Wow, look at those two," Lia whispered to Yuna and Chaeryeong, motioning towards Ryujin and Yeji.

"What about them?" Chaeryeong asked.

"They're so cute together. Ryujin is helping Yeji cut the vegetables," Lia said, grinning at the sight.

"I know how to cut ingredients!" Yeji whined.

"I can't have you hurting yourself again. Just behave, please," Ryujin replied, grabbing a carrot.

"Cute~" Yuna teased them.

Ryujin's head snapped towards the three other girls, realizing how long she had her hands over Yeji's. She felt the blood rush up to her cheeks and quickly let go of Yeji, taking a step back while scratching her nape.

"RYUDDAENG, I ALMOST CUT MYSELF!" Yeji exclaimed.

"WHAT??"