<27>

THE NEXT DAY

DING DONG

Ryujin defeatedly opened her eyes due to the loud echoes of her doorbell. Groaning in her bed, she rolled around and attempted to reach for her phone, seeing that it was only seven in the morning and Yeji had already texted her.

DING DONG DING DONG

"Okay! I'm coming! Jesus." Ryujin sat up in her bed and stretched her limbs.

DING DING

"Hold on!" she shouted from her room, hoping that it'd reach the person behind the door so she could check her notifications.

DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG
"So loud... I'm coming down!" Ryujin shouted and dashed out of her room, rushing down the stairs and nearly tripping over her own foot. Finally, she opened the door, and the person standing in front of her flashed her a wide smile, as if they hadn't rung the bell multiple times.

"Finally! It's so cold." Yeji moved past Ryujin, who was staring her down as if she had stolen her favorite toy. It was too early for this.

The brunette had a little wrapped-up gift in hand, which she quickly placed by the decorated Christmas tree before making her way to the couch.

"When you said you'd visit today, I didn't know you meant this early..." Ryujin sighed, her hand instinctively going to her hair, trying to fix her bedhead that was on full display.

"I couldn't sleep because of the excitement, so I came early!" Yeji flopped onto the couch with a satisfied sigh. She loved Ryujin's couch—it was oddly comfortable.

"Can I go back to sleep, at least? It's still a long way until the others come over." Ryujin rested her left foot on the first step of the staircase, gazing at the back of Yeji's head while seeking approval.

"Hmm... But I'm here. You're not going to spend time with me?"

"Yeddeong, we have the whole day." Ryujin slowly ascended the stairs, noticing that the brunette hadn't turned her head yet.

"You're right, but I want to spend as much time as I can with you!" Yeji whined, finally turning her head back and realizing that Ryujin was already at the door of her room.

"Come back here, please." The brunette frowned and stood up, rooted to the spot while her eyes remained fixed on the monkey's figure, unaware of her own flustered state.

Ryujin's ears warmed up at the thought of Yeji wanting to spend time with her. They were simple words, yet they melted her insides as she heard them directly from the brunette.

"O-okay..." Ryujin involuntarily complied, still processing the weight of those words. She walked back downstairs and into the living room where Yeji was.

"Let's watch a Christmas movie!" Yeji suggested, plopping back down on the couch and grabbing a pillow to hug.

Ryujin sat down beside the brunette, sighing before picking up the remote from the couch. It annoyed her how easily she would give in to Yeji's whims—it was something she didn't seem to have control over when she was around her.