<24>

RIIIIIIIING

The alarm clock never failed to annoy the two girls who were trying to enjoy their sleep.

"Ryuddaeng, turn it off..." the tired brunette murmured, snuggled up in the latter's arms and too lethargic to move.

"But you're closer..." Ryujin groaned, her eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm tired."

"So am I—"

"Just turn it off, Ryuddaeng." Yeji cried, lightly hitting her friend's chest with a balled-up fist.

"Okay, okay!" Ryujin sighed, leaned over the brunette's body, and successfully muted the alarm clock before collapsing back onto the bed.

"What time is it?" Yeji mumbled, wanting to know if they were running late for school.

"Um..." Ryujin got up a little to peek at the clock. "7:25 AM."

"Let's sleep for a little then..." Yeji decided, relaxing her body completely and melting into Ryujin's body.

However, Ryujin was more awake now due to the loud voice of the brunettes from earlier. She didn't want to leave Yeji alone in bed, and getting ready together was more fun and motivational. So, she surrendered.

"If you say so..."

"Get up now, Yeji!" The raven-haired girl shook her friend over and over, trying to wake her up since it was already 7:35 AM, and they needed to get ready.

"Five more minutes..." Yeji muttered, her eyebrows furrowing.

"No, we have to get ready. Get up." Ryujin hurriedly tried to pull the brunette up.

"Okay, fine!" Yeji surrendered and sat up, feeling her head pound for a little bit before she could adjust.

"Finally. I'll go shower in the other room, and you can shower here." Ryujin said as she patted Yeji's leg before heading towards the bathroom down the hall.

About 20 minutes later, the two of them finished showering and descended to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Simple breakfast today?" Ryujin asked as she looked around the kitchen.

"Yes, we're going to be late if we stay here for too long." Yeji replied hastily, walking towards the fridge and scanning through it.

"Butter and toast?" Ryujin suggested.

"Sure."

With their bags in hand, Ryujin and Yeji strolled towards the car. Ryujin unlocked the doors, and Yeji hopped in immediately. It was around 8 AM, so they should be at school by now.

Yeji connected her phone to the car, and they took off. She played some of her favorite morning songs, and the brunette sang along. Ryujin found Yeji extremely admirable when she was lost in her own world of music, but it could be a little distracting while driving.

"We're here!" Ryujin sang as she turned off the engine, ending the music. Yeji frowned when she realized her fun had come to a stop. Ryujin noticed Yeji's behavior and chuckled before nudging her to get out of the car.

As usual, the other three girls were waiting for them by the school entrance and waved frantically when they spotted the duo.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Lia teased, grinning broadly.

"Lovebirds? Who's she talking about?" Yeji asked the monkey, oblivious to Ryujin's flustered state.

"I have no idea," Ryujin quickly responded, receiving a subtle nod from Yeji.