<31>

"mom! dad! I'm going out with ryujin today~" yeji yelled from her room, hoping that it'd reach her parents.

"where to?" her mom came in her room and asked.

"the beach, we're having a picnic." yeji smiled before she slipped in her hoodie.

"be careful then, have fun and don't stay out for too long." yeji's mom smiled before she left and went back to her room.

yeji grabbed all the things she needed and went downstairs, she pulled out her phone and messaged ryujin that she was ready.

a few minutes later, she heard a loud honk outside, thinking that it was ryujin, she rushed out of the door and spotted her car.

"wait there!" ryujin rolled down the window and held up a hand, signalling the brunette to stop, which she did. the raven-haired got out of the driver's seat and went around, opening the car door for her crush.

"is that necessary?" yeji chuckled, getting in the car.

"very much so." ryujin smiled and closed the door lightly, retreating to her seat and rolling up the window.

"music?"

"of course." yeji connected her phone to the car and played her playlist as ryujin started to drive down the street.

"did you eat before this?" ryujin asks.

"obviously not, I'm saving space for our picnic." the brunette shook her head and looked out the window.

"alright. would you like the window down?"

"yes, please." with that said, ryujin rolled down the window a little, to the point where yeji could stick her head out.

20 minutes later, the pair finally arrived at the beach. it was already afternoon since they planned it around the sunset time.

ryujin got out first and went around to open the door for the brunette, making the latter smile lightly due to the politeness.

the two of them carried the things they needed with them down to the beach, there was a lot of people since it was about time for sunset and it was still the holiday break.

"where should we settle?" yeji asked, looking around the beach.

"want to sit under a tree? or do you want to tan?"

"either is fine, whatever's available."

"yes m'am." ryujin saluted and walked first, motioning the brunette to follow along.

they found a spot near a tree, it wasn't surrounded by too many people and there was shade, pretty secluded if you ask them.

"perfect." yeji smiled.

"like you." ryujin giggled and got out the picnic blanket, laying it down on a specific spot and waving yeji over to sit with her.

"do you want to eat first? or should we enjoy the view?" ryujin asked, setting the food basket aside.

"I kind of want to feel the water." yeji stared at the sea, filled with little kids playing around with water guns or floaties.

"want to go ahead? I'll keep watch of you and our space." ryujin smiled, gesturing the brunette to go ahead.

"really?"

"of course, go on, be careful though." yeji smiled widely and got up, running closer to the water and tapping her feet in it once she reached it. as soon as her foot touched the water, she squealed excitedly. it was the perfect temperature, since the sun was still up, the water wasn't cold at all, it was warm but not too warm, perfect to swim in.