<38>

"you sure you want to do this?" hyunjin asked.

"duh, this is a big deal. I need to do this, plus, it'll be special." ryujin grinned, pulling out her wallet to pay for everything that she got.

"thank you for coming!" the cashier said as they walked away.

ryujin had only brought hyunjin with her since she was the only one that wouldn't allow this to slip out of her mouth, unlike the others. except for chaeryeong, her schedule was packed enough, and she couldn't assist ryujin with her big plan.

"how is it going to go again?" the older one of the two asked.

"I have to not see her for at least a day, which will upset her. but then, you'll call her and invite her to my house. when she comes, there will be nobody in the house. she walks inside and follows the path, eventually, she'll reach the backyard and see everything that I've created!" ryujin summarized with a smile on her face, she was sure that this will go well.

"right.. but what if she doesn't follow according to plan?"

"then, I will have to kidnap her here." ryujin joked, putting all the filled plastic bags into the trunk of her car.

"seriously though, what will you do?" hyunjin asked.

"I'll call her myself, then she will come over." ryujin closed the trunk and walked to the driver's seat, entering it with hyunjin in the passenger's seat.

"I wish you luck then. she seems to hate being apart from you, you're going to have to really cheer her up after." hyunjin chuckled and they took off.

"I already have multiple ideas." ryujin grinned.

...

"nobody will use the backyard for two days~" ryujin yelled through the house, setting the plastic bags on the counter.

"we wouldn't anyways! good luck on laying it out!" her parents responded, still in their offices.

"let's go out in the backyard then." ryujin said and hyunjin nodded, taking the plastic bags with them again.

"this is going to take forever..." hyunjin sighed as she laid out the snacks over the dried-out green grass.

"but, it's going to be worth it!" ryujin smiled. "have some faith."

"I do, but if she doesn't follow according to plan..." hyunjin sighed.

"we just have to believe. what else could she do anyways?" ryujin walked back to the door of their backyard and examined the whole area. things were still in progress but it was going to come together sooner or later.

"this is great, we need to keep working on it." ryujin clicked her tongue. "don't tell heejin too, she'll definitely let it slip out."

"I won't, it's only for two days."

after an hour or so, the two of them finally finished decorating the backyard entirely, as well as the snacks that were laid out on the grass. thankfully, their backyard was big enough, or else they wouldn't have been able to make this possible.

"finished! thanks for your help, hyunjin." ryujin smiled and patted the older on the back. "I'll set up all the candles on the morning of that day. all you need to do is to call her over, then after.. 20 minutes? you guys can come over."

"got it. where's the money?" hyunjin asked with a grin, tired out because they spent their time in the sun.

"100 bucks, right?" the older nodded and ryujin lead her back inside. ryujin fished out her wallet from her coat and gave two 50s' to the other.