<25>

"Hey, how's it going with your crush?" Heejin whispered into Ryujin's ear as they sat on the benches on the side of the field. The coach had just announced a short break before the last half of their practice.

Ryujin was a little confused about how Heejin knew about her crush. "Crush situation?" she asked.

"Oh, you know, from that time." 

Ryujin remembered and nodded her head along with Heejin. "She broke up with her boyfriend, but I don't want to make a move yet if that's what you're wondering," she chuckled.

"Fair enough. But who is it?"

"Nice try, but I'm not telling you unless you figure it out or I ask her out," Ryujin shook her head with a grin, causing Heejin to frown in response.

"Fine," Heejin looked around the bleachers before turning back to Ryujin. "It's one of your friends, right?"

"Mhm."

"Is it... Lia?" Heejin guessed with a small smile but was quickly turned down by Ryujin's laughter.

"What's she laughing about..." Yeji muttered, her eyes staring at the back of the two's heads.

"No, it's not Lia," Ryujin quickly shook her head with a wide smile. She found it amusing that anyone would think she had romantic feelings for the sloth. The closest they would be is best friends, nothing more. When she tells Lia about this, they would have a good laugh.

"Then who? Chaeryeong?"

"No, she likes Yuna, and Yuna likes her back," Ryujin giggled, glancing behind her and toward the bleachers.

But then she noticed Yeji was shooting daggers at the two of them. Ryujin quickly turned back in fear, wondering what she had done.

"They're cute, though," Heejin commented as her eyes fixed on Yuchae. She didn't even notice Yeji's glare.

"So... Yeji?" She asked with a smirk. Who else would it be? Ryujin barely hung out with anyone else.

Ryujin felt her ears warm up at the name. Her chest fluttered at the thought of Yeji, who popped up in her mind as soon as her name was mentioned.

"You're blu-"

"Everyone gather up!" The coach shouted from the side.

"Let's go!" Ryujin nervously said and stood up, leaving Heejin alone on the bench because she didn't want to answer that guess of hers.

AFTER PRACTICE

"Ryujin!" Heejin called out to her as the practice ended, and Ryujin was packing up her things to go home with her friends. The four of them were waiting by the field entrance.

"Yeah?" Ryujin stopped in her tracks with her bag over her shoulder.

"Do you want to come over to my house and play games?" Heejin suggested while Hyunjin stood beside her eagerly.

"Umm..." Ryujin glanced back at her friends who were close enough to hear them. Her eyes immediately landed on Yeji's, and she felt a cold shiver run down her spine as she stared into the brunette's glare. Yeji's eyes darted between Ryujin and Heejin.

"I can't today, but maybe you can come over to my house?" Ryujin proposed.

"Sure!" Heejin pulled Hyunjin with her by the hand and followed Ryujin to her group.