Chapter 19 - Engagment Party Pt1

Mason didn't stay home last night. I know he was still upset about the decision I made to go behind his back and become Alex's assistant. I saw the Therapist this morning for an Hour session and now I was making my way to the Obstetrics because she wanted me to come to the office today.

So exhausted from crying, Mason wouldn't let the doctor finish what she had to say and he wouldn't answer my phone calls. I even called his mother and she couldn't get a hold of him.

"Emma Reed" The nurse called. I stood up and made my way through the door.

"Good afternoon Emma" The doctor smiled at me. "Just another check-up at my office. Where's Mason?"

I choked up. "He didn't sleep with me last night I don't know where he could be"

"Well, he will be happy when he here the news. You mind lifting your shirt" she said pointing at my arm "I need to take some blood"

"Yeah" I lifted my shirt she stuck the needle in my arm taking three small containers of my blood.

"Perfect." She smiled putting the tubes inside a plastic back. "Now let's have you lay back and relax, so I can do an ultrasound to see the baby"

I laid back. Still trying to relax but I couldn't, I felt like I was developing anxiety.

"There it is" She smiled at me. I looked up and there was the baby. "9 weeks today baby is growing beautiful and healthy."

"Waves are a little high, due to the trauma and stress but the baby is perfectly fine. Which is why" She took off her gloves "I want you on bed rest for at least 2 weeks Emma, you need to relax."

"I need to work." I huffed sitting up and cleaning the gel off of my stomach.

"You can't, your stress level is high and it causes a lot of problems for the baby. The baby can be Born premature or you can have a miscarriage. Need you in bed." She wrote it down on her computer.

I smiled at her. Of course, I wasn't happy to hear that. "Thank you, Doctor."

"You're welcome." She walked out and rushed back in. "I'll see you again in 4 weeks. Emma, you need to be on top of your stuff"

"Thank you. I will"

"Have a good day" She walked out again.

As I walked out of the room, all I could think about where was Mason. I don't know where he was and it worried me.

I walked towards the front desk. "Hey, Doctor said she wants me to come back in 4 weeks." I gave the receptionist my appointment card.

I dialed his number to see if maybe this time
"Yes, Emma?"

I had to look at the phone to make sure it was him. "Mason please let's talk, you didn't let me explain baby."

"I know you're still pregnant, I spoke to the doctor earlier"

"So if you knew why didn't you call me?"

"I knew you were at your appointment"

I didn't sound convinced. "Where are you?"

"Home."
I hung up on him.

"Here's your appointment Ms. Reed see you next week." I walked outside hailed a cab and made my way to our home. I missed him and yes I should have listened to Mason, but I still need him there, as my fiancé and my best friend.

I reached the house and opened the front door,

"Masonnnnnn!!" I yelled

He was at the top of the stairs "Yes?"