CHAPTER 20 - Engagment Party pt 2

"I'm sorry." He pleaded.

"I want to go home," I said sounding annoyed.

"Okay, we will." He said signaling his brother.

"No! Michael, it's okay."

"What?" Mason snapped his neck to look at me.

"There is no US. Mason. I—am leaving by myself. I want to move out"

"You have nowhere to go. Your family betrayed you and your best friend is screwing your ex. So, therefore, Emma you aren't going anywhere, your going upstairs punch a wall, scream cry and I'll be up there later to explain everything and answer every question you have. Or you can enjoy the engagement party and then we will talk." He looked upset.

"First of all, I don't know why you are upset. Second of all, you aren't my father you are my fiancé so please stay in your place and play your role. I am not going to go back there in front of your whole family when you did all this. Didn't tell me and made me look like a damn fool. If I would have known Mason, I wouldn't be reacting like this. I would have told her I knew. So you are the liar and I don't want to be near you. I am not staying by force I am not your puppy."

"Emma, I am so shocked I am so sorry. My son isn't like this" His mom pleaded

"Mrs. Harris it's okay. I didn't know either I lost my memory so I don't know if he told you it but I am standing here so unaware of my life and what's going on. That he would sit there and pretend we are okay when everything in my life is already screwed up and he just added more to it."

"I agree" His father had said "I will pay for your way back home"

"She isn't going nowhere!" He raised his voice.

"Raise your voice one more time. She isn't a pet. She leaves when she wants." His Father threatened.

"A hotel will be fine Mr. Harris," I said.

"Okay. Boys go get her luggage in the room and I will take you to a hotel."

I walked behind Mr. Harris and I turned my back Mason was furious but so was i.

As I made my way to the hotel that Mason's dad was taking me to I felt betrayed but what should I do now that I'm engaged just leave him or just try to make things work...

As we arrived at the hotel his dad asked me "You need me to help you?"

"No thank you, sir."

"Okay just say your name at the front desk, I already paid for it online. I'm sorry again for what my son has done"

"It's fine. And thank you"

As I made my way to the front desk the lady asked "Hello how can I help you?"

"Yes I booked a room, My Name is Emma Reed"

She typed in my name "Yes Ms. Reed, you have the luxury suite, here's your room key enjoy your stay"

"Thank you" I made my way to the elevator and up to my room.

*Buzz* it was a message from Mason
"My love, my baby. Please let me explain, don't walk away"

I ignored it, walked inside my room, and just cried. Reflecting on everything that has happened to me I was wondering if I should still live and if maybe everyone will be okay without me.