CHAPTER 10 - playing with fire

Today was my day off. Mason hasn't notified me when he'll be coming back to New York so I guess he's just enjoying the time spent with his family since he hasn't had much time to visit.

That night I kissed Johnny, things got pretty heated. Not sexually because of course I am a virgin. He was my boyfriend for a very long time and he managed to wait for me and I still didn't give it to him.

Samantha interrupts my thoughts "Emma!" She says snapping her fingers in my face "Does this dress look nice?"

"Sorry Sam I was just thinking but yes that dress looks lovely."

She smiled walking towards me "Here try this one on. I want you to wear this for Christmas or New Years." She handed me a nice dress that exposed my back and breast.

I smiled slightly nodding entering the dressing room and trying on the dress, I stared in the mirror first and walked out to show Sam.

"Holy—I'm— I don't know what to say. Emma, you look amazing!"

"I like it. I'm going to buy it, save it for a special day"

We exit the clothing store and made our way to more stores our day was full of shopping and spending time with my best friend.

I got into my White Lexus Suv. "Thanks so much for today Sam, I had so much fun" She hopped into the passenger side and threw our bags to the back. "You're welcome. You go back to work tomorrow right?"

"Yes, back to working hard but my boss won't be there. So it's relaxing, don't need to struggle with my work and keep him on track. He's on his little vacation"

I turned on the ignition and Sam started making fun of me while clipping her seat belt. "So look who said she doesn't like Mason Harris but seems to have a crush on him" I suddenly got hot.

"What no." I denied knowing my feelings for Mason were growing

"I can see it, Emma. You're getting red as a tomato." She said laughing.

"Okay fine" I placed the car in Drive and began to drive.

"Omg EMMA!" She squealed "I was joking. You seriously like Mason?"

"I hate when you do that Sam!" I smiled turning to her stopping at a red light then looked back at the road "you know he's an ass but he can be sweet once you get to know him and I'm having a problem because——Johnny asked me out on a date and I might have said yes" Finishing my sentence quickly when the light turned green.

"What! Omg! Emma!" She said in Shock.

"You know I can't resist Johnny and I'll just do a few dates with him until Mason gets back" I shrugged my shoulder

"Oh! You're saying it as if it was nothing. Your playing with fire and you're going to get burned, Emma Reed." She pointed.

"Whatever." I parked the car in front of her building.

"This is your destination I'll see you when I can" I reached for a hug.

She hugged me back "Uh huh Just be careful" she moved to open the door. "Always" I waved goodbye and pulled off.

I drove home in silence. Enjoying my comfort.

As I arrived home. I checked my answer machine

You have 3 new messages

First Message.

"Hey Sis, it's Emily. I haven't seen you in a while, maybe you should stop by" I listened as I went into the kitchen to grab water from the refrigerator.

Second Message

"Hey Baby Cakes it's Mom, your dad has been sick and he wants to see you. Would you be okay to stop by during thanksgiving?"