Chapter 2 - Whoops

As I walk into my office everyone was already at their desk working. I am super late, but I'm the boss who's going to say to me? I lay back on my chair catching a breather before turning on my computer. 

Emma bolted into my office. "Good morning Mason, we got a lot of work to do. Well, first things first Mr. White's flight is scheduled for next week landing in JFK, his hotel is booked and ready. Oh, and I booked the flight for you to land in Miami in 3 days. Your flight is at 6 am, so therefore Mason you will be at the airport at 3 am." She gave me a look that made me smile. "And I also arranged with the new hotel that has been calling nonstop this morning but you were late to answer lucky for you I was here." She looked at her notepad again. "Oh and you're father will be here in 15 minutes. So let's get you fully awake and moving" She clapped twice.

Wow. I couldn't have been more alert now. Not only does she look delicious enough to eat but she is fast and works at my pace. I like that about her. "Make sure you book yourself a flight as well, You're hired" I grinned.

"Thank you. I know Tonya gave me my hiring packet yesterday before I left." She grinned.

"Close my door and let's talk," I said signaling her to come back inside my door as she stepped out during her little speech "Are you single Emma?" I sat at the edge of my desk.

"I am. Why is it to you?" She said in a feisty tone.

I raised an eyebrow. "Honestly, Emma you look too damn beautiful and you impressed me in just a day. How about we get to know each other" I winked at her.

"No thank you." She said laughing at what I said.

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms in front of me. Like a child being told no I instantly became upset that I was rejected, no one has ever rejected Mason. Is it something I said? Or maybe I smell? No, it can't be I showered before I got here.

"I don't want to get to know you, Mason. I read all about you, you're a playboy bunny that jumps into every girl's pants, but I'm not any of those girls so do yourself a little favor and don't ask any other flirtatious questions. Questions are only permitted unless it is work-related. Other than that, I am perfectly fine my personal life will not be involved. Thank you" She walked out of my door. Wow, even when she's mad she's hot. But that wasn't going to stop me from trying.

I walked towards the door watching Emma across the room to the right. I couldn't stop staring into Emma's room. She was beautiful just working at her desk, typing on her computer.

I raise my left arm to look at the time on my watch. I sped walked towards the coat closet to grab my peak coat, gloves and hat because it can get pretty cold in New York, especially in the Winter. I rushed to knock on Emma's door. "I'm going to meet with my Father, you know what to do with any incoming phone calls," I said.

"Okay, I got it, Mason. Just don't be late, it's 11:35." She said not turning to look at me, she continued typing.

"Okay, I'm leaving now" I walked off. Making my way to Bono Trattoria in Harlem the restaurant where my Father had made a reservation for us to meet. I walked in to see my father, he was CEO for many years he started the Harris Hotel family business name and handed it over to me. I respect this man on many levels as my father and my best friend.

"Hello, Son!" He greeted me with a warm hug.

"Hey, Dad. How is everything back at home?" I helped him sit down.

"Stop it, I am not that old. It is fine, same old same old."

"That's great. I'm happy to hear that."

"Listen I mainly came down to New York to speak in person about the new hotel I opened before I handed over the CEO to you. I have the Miami heats willing to do a contract for a commercial, I need you down there to make sure all goes well and that all men participating in this commercial receive the best service." He pulls out a paper. "That reminds me spoke to Julio he is General Manager down in Miami we have discussed that those players get 50% at any Harris hotel for 2 years."