Chapter 11 - Getting burned

Mason Harris POV

"Hello?" A man picked up the phone. I looked at my phone confused and placed it back to my ear. "Who the hell is this!"

"I should be asking you that question Because this is Emma's boyfriend," He said confidently.

I had to calm myself down. "Boyfriend? HA! Emma doesn't have a boyfriend put her on the phone"

He laughed. He thinks this is funny. "Dude she's in the shower right now we just finished making sweet sweet love." I hung up.

I was fired up. It was 3:36 am and I was fucking pissed. I started packing my bags, and just when I thought I would change for Emma she went and did that. Who is this guy? And then I thought about it, it's the same dude that texted her saying he was in New York But I'll act like I don't know about it and I'll show up at my office.

I started to head down the stairs, calling a cab.
"Mason?" My mom walked towards the door.

"Hey ma. Sorry didn't mean to wake you. I have to head back to New York. I have a business to take care of, I'll be back Christmas Eve."

She gave me a kiss on the cheek "It's okay go ahead baby, go run the business and make mama proud"

I got into my cab and was on my way to the airport. Emma was in for a GREAT surprise.

//////////

7 am.
I landed in New York made my driver take me home, got into the shower, and got dressed for work.

Brewed some coffee over-analyzing how I would approach the situation with Emma. I knew Emma would be at work. So I text her "Hey? You made it to work yet?"

"Yup. I got tons of phone calls for you Mason. The New York Giants and Miami Heat would gladly advertise the hotel, I scheduled meetings. But we'll talk more when I see you"

"Great ttyl" I text back.

9 am and I was on my way to my office my driver dropped me off in the back so the paparazzi won't know I was here in New York. I made my way to the elevator heading Upstairs to my office.

"Mason. You're back early." Tonya said standing up, shocked.

"Yeah, I am. Is Emma here?"

"Yes. She has someone in her room."

"Okay, Thanks, Tonya." I walked towards the back of my office, put down my personal belongings and walked towards Emma's office, and knocked.

"I'm in a meeting" She yelled.

I knocked again. "10 Minutes Please" She yelled again this time sounding annoyed.

I walked inside anyways.

"Mason!" She stood up "I thought you were in Georgia"

"Nope. I had to come back and just got back." I winked at her. "And who's your friend?" I turned facing a 5'10 man with Hazel Eyes and Curly short hair.

She looked at me at loss for words. "Umm— right sorry. This is Johnny." She said introducing us.

"Nice meeting you Johnny, I'm Mason Harris" I put my hand out.

"Yea I know who you are, I'm not much of a fan" He smiled.

"Johnny!" Emma whispered. "Mason I'm so sorry" she gave him a look. This must be him, the guy who picked up the phone.

"It's okay Emma, where's your friend from?" I questioned curiously.

He cleared his throat and spoke to himself "I'm from New York I'm just here for a week, and came to see Emma" He turned to look at her.