CHAPTER 26 - lets play a game.

Short Chapter::

Mason's POV
I made my way to the pet store, leaving the ignition on and putting the handle on Park.

I ran inside the pet store. "Welcome." the sound said when I pushed the door.

I immediately made my way toward the cashier. "Hello, I just bought my fiance a pet but don't know what type of dog food to buy the dog."

She looked up at me. "Well—" She paused trying to speak but no words came out of her mouth. "Oh, my god. Your Mason Harris" She gasped "THE MASON HARRIS!"

I huffed. "Lady, yes I am Mason Harris do you mind doing your job and helping me?"

"O-oh yes. Sorry sir, what kind of breed is the dog?"

"Golden Retriever." I smiled.

She looked at me and smiled, her cheeks getting flushed. "Well, I have Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food."

"Great. What aisle?" I asked inpatient trying to run out of the store.

"I have it behind this shelf behind me. That will be 80.00 for this big bag" She grabbed it almost falling.

"Woah!" I grabbed it and helped her put it on the counter not noticing my hand on her hand.

"Oh my god! Mason fucking Harris just touched me." She squealed.

Again feeling annoyed, I passed her my card. "Debit."

She smiled and swiped my card into the machine. "Can I get your autograph?"

I smiled back. "Sure." She passed me a pen and paper looking so overly excited. "To whom should I make this?"

"Melissa. Melissa Jewel." She answered.

I quickly wrote her name and signed my name at the bottom. She passed me my debit card and I ran out of the pet store and into my car, driving off back to my house. While driving, my phone rang.

"Mason," I answered

"Mason it's Dad. I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"I'm going to throw a surprise baby shower for Emma do you mind?"

I laughed. "No Dad I do not mind. When will this be?"

"New Year's Day. At my Fathers old house, don't invite your mother." He said angrily.

"So you're divorcing her?"

"Yes. She belittled my son and she thought it was okay. My Lawyer already contacted her. He said she sounded depressed she begged him to tell me to please come home. I don't see her the same Mason and she broke our family apart"

"I understand Dad. It's okay is everyone okay?"

"Yeah. I just had to call you to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine. Love you, Dad."

"I love you too Son." with that he hung up and I drove up to the house. Grabbing the dog food and running towards the house.

I noticed the door was cracked open, confused I pushed it open slowly. What the hell is going on? I thought to myself. Putting the dog supplies down near the door. I slowly walked towards the dining table and grabbed the gun that was under the table.

Making my way up the stairs with the gun in my hand I walked towards my room to see if Emma was in there.

She was gone. and there was a note.

"NYPD can't save you in Georgia Mason, I've got your girl. I want my Million dollars or else she dies. You've got 72 Hours."

Anger builds inside of me, why doesn't this motherfucker quit? I punched the wall.

I quickly opened my cell phone and called my father. "Hey Son it's late is everything okay?"

"He took Emma DAD! AGAIN! What am I supposed to do? He wants a million dollars from me."

"Oh gosh. Son comes towards your grandfather's Mansion your brothers are here we will figure everything out, Mason."

I hung up on him and made my way downstairs above the fireplace. I quickly grabbed a chair and moved the painting and there it was. My safe. I grabbed my guns with my checkbook and put the painting back on the wall. I entered the keypad code, grabbed my car keys, and ran towards my car driving towards my Grandfather's house.

I opened up the window letting the air smack my face to take in some deep breaths. I stomped at the gas wanting to hurry up very upset with myself. "Emma, baby I'm so sorry," I said out loud "I should have just waited until the morning," I said frustrated.

I punched numbers on the keypad and my grandfather's gate opened. "Welcome." the loudspeaker boomed. I drove towards the entrance, turned off the ignition, and honked the horn. My brothers came outside, I tried calming down and opened the door.

"Hey, Dad spoke to mike the FBI Agent Dad was close to. He says he will have his guys try and look for her, Look at cameras in your house but for right now we have to stay here." Michael said.

I nodded my head and walked inside the house. My grandfather's beautiful mansion. I walked towards the dining area and saw my grandfather. "Well if it isn't Mr. Popular. Can't even come to visit his grandfather." He said in a hostile voice "Boy do you know if it wasn't for me you would not be in this world right now." He said raising his voice. "your even lucky I let you step foot in my damn house." He looked me in the eye and then turned to face away from me "Only reason I'm doing it is because of that little girl that your fiance is carrying because I can give a rat's ass about you."

I hated him. I stared at him with venom in my eyes. "Ditto" was all I had to say.

"Son, mike is on it. We just have to patiently wait for his answer. Emma will be okay."

"Stop trying to calm me down by telling me my fiañce will be okay. When she will not Dad. I should have been there, I should have told her to come with me now I might lose the best thing that's ever happened to me."

My cell phone ringing interrupted everything I was saying. I quickly grabbed it and saw 'Unknown Caller'. "Hello?"

"Hi Mason, missing something?" He laughed.

I quickly clicked on the speaker button. "Alex if you hurt her and you will have greater issues than you will ever imagine."

"Let's play a game, I will be sending you to different locations you will have to figure out every riddle, and if you fail. I will hurt Emma, your family will be watching the video from your grandfather's tv screen. But I want the money that I asked for last time, I have people watching you and hearing the inside of that house. You or anyone call the cops or the fed's the baby dies, each time any of you attempt to get law enforcement involved I will kick her repeatedly, and once again your baby dies. So Mason you better tell Daddy to cancel that call or one of you will get killed by a sniper that I have outside of your grandfather's home. The clock is ticking."

I looked at my family and they all looked scared. "Fine. Dad cancels that call, how much are we talking Alex? And what destinations do you want me to go?

"1 Million—I will call you in a bit about where I want your first scavenger hunt to be. So pay attention to your phone Mason " He hung up.

-------------------------------------------------------------