Chapter 1 - You're fired!

"Where the hell are my documents for my next meeting?" I shouted feeling angry. Nothing had been going the way I wanted it to go this morning. The traffic was horrible, I spilled my coffee this morning on my expensive suit and now I couldn't find my documents. 

"Mason, Relax! I have it in here" Katherine walked into my office passing me a folder.

Katherine is my Executive Assistant. She gets paid well by me, probably the highest of everyone here at the office because I am a very hard man to please but Katherine met my expectations. She was a slim well educated woman with dirty blonde hair and a very beautiful light creamy complexion. But I had no interest in making her mine, I was just screwing her from here and there satisfying my needs, and although Katherine wanted more than sexual Intercourse I hadn't allowed it, as I never do.

"Okay," I sighed. "Look Katherine you haven't been yourself lately and I need you to focus. I don't know what's going on with you but I need you to get your shit together." I said looking up from my desk and grabbing the folder from her hand. 

"Mason. You put so much pressure on everyone here, Especially me. I'm trying my best to keep track this week, this week is a little rough" She said with a slight attitude as if she was seeking sympathy.

Is she serious? I thought to myself. "So then you shouldn't be working for me if you can't handle the pressure." I stared at her without taking my eyes off her.

"Whatever" She closed the door behind her.

The day went by with a lot of paperwork, meetings, viewing reports, accounting, etc. My typical day is never normal, I choose to run this business because it keeps me sane and pays for my expenses. I had just finished my meeting for the new hotel that my father had finally opened in Miami Beach, Florida, and just in a few days, I would be flying out there to make a few arrangements.

The phone began to ring and I immediately clicked on the speaker button. "Yes."

"I'm Sorry to bother you Sir, but Mr. White is on line two and he sounds very upset." Tonya the front desk receptionist said sounding concerned.

"Jeez all right thanks, Transfer him."

I huffed in annoyance. "What now?" I said out loud before picking up my phone. "Mr. White, how are you feeling today? I asked.

"Mason— I'm very upset I'm at the Hilton honors and they are stating that my hotel room is for next week but my flight was for today. What is going on?"

Feeling disappointed I still tried to make the situation better. "I'm sorry Mr. White, I'm pretty sure it's a misunderstanding. Let me double-check what day my assistant put on the calendar." As I go look through my calendar I see that he was booked for the following week. "Mr. White tell you what? because it was a mistake on my end I will book your flight back home to come back to New York, the hotel and anything else you need are on me. How does that sound?"

"Ok, sure Mason that's fine. This shouldn't happen again." He said speaking with a frustrated tone. He spent 30 minutes telling me how this was irresponsible and that he shouldn't be wasting money if he doesn't need to, threaten not to co-own and manage two of our hotels. Mr. White is a very valuable person to my father's company, he helps with marketing and promotion. He is helping us to own or build a hotel out of the U.S. and my family would be upset to know we lost a long-time business partner who also runs and manages two of our hotels.

I continuously agreed to all his requests slightly frustrated. "Yes sir have a good rest of your day, See you tomorrow."

Feeling angry, I get up from my desk and stand in front of everyone in the office. "WHERE THE HELL IS KATHERINE?"