Chapter 12 - Mine!

What in the world just happened? I just stood there watching Mason's car, leave and drive off.
I will talk to him in the morning.

Walking back into the bar and seeing Johnny bleeding and unconscious, I felt bad. I should have never done this.

"Where are you taking him?" I asked EMS concerned.

"Excuse me miss, that information is private," He said escorting him to the ambulance.

I ran right behind them "I am his wife. I want to know."

"Sorry, he needs surgery and fast, his nose is broken and he can't breathe through his nose. We need to go."

As I got into the ambulance, I kept thinking about Mason. I know I like Mason but he treated me as if I was a regular girl he didn't care about me he cannot be mad at me.

We got to the surgery hospital on 535 E 70th St. It was so late, I was crazy tired but I fell asleep in the waiting room.

"Mrs. Rivera?" I nurse tapped me.
I woke up in a sudden rush as if I was scared.

"I'm so sorry to wake you, but Mr. Rivera is having surgery right now. If you want you can come back later and check up on him."

I looked up and rubbed my eyes "Yea that's fine. Can you let him know to call me when he feels better?"

"Yes ma'am," she smiled

"What time is it?" I yawned.

"9:30"

"Oh my god!" I rushed and ran to the elevator I looked at my phone and Tonya called me a million times even leaving voicemails.

I hailed a cab and made my way to the office. The cab was a lot of money but I needed to get to work.

I made my way upstairs, not in my work clothes. Unprofessional I thought to myself.

The elevator dinged and I rushed in and looked up and saw Tonya.
"Girllllllll I'm going to call you back" She hung up on the person she was talking to.

"Tonya, I know." I picked up my hand stopping her from saying anything "I've never been late ever and I'm sorry, but I'm here. Was he upset?"

"Girlllll you got Mr. Harris yelling at everyone upset, I've had to get up and help him a few times, he's seriously fired up."

I looked in shock. "He didn't call me or anything."

"Well girllll go back there," She said rushing me.

"Thanks, Tonya."

I walked to the back where everyone kept giving me a look. I know everyone was mad because of Mason's behavior and I knew Mason was acting like that because of Last night, not because I was late.

I knocked on his door "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late. Something came up."

He didn't bother to even look at me. "Do you need anything Mason?"

He looked at his papers and handed them to me. "Yea here, I chose both of them for the advertising. Will do one commercial in New York with the Giants and will do a commercial for the Heats. So call and make a schedule with them and the producers for the commercial. Also, I have resume's for Head Managers that would fit in, for the Atlantic City hotel to help Zackery maintain a good rep you look through their resumes, call, have a private phone call with them, and choose. Here you go." He said handing me the folder.

"Mason. We need to talk."

"Emma I don't care, get the hell out of my office."

"Just because you are upset at me doesn't mean you need to treat everyone else like that, they did nothing to you"