Chapter 4: Accept

♦ ♢ ♦ Xavier ♦ ♢ ♦

It's Monday, and I still haven't decided.

Practice goes by in a blur. My muscles ache from all the exercising but hey, it was a welcome distraction from thinking about Kaitlyn and her stupid proposal.

"You should do it," Luna pleads as we make out way out of fourth period and into the cafeteria.

"I don't know," I tell her honesty.

"Come on, Xavier. I need another girl on the table, anyway. Sebastian, talk to him."

"Open your mouth, Seb, and I'm punching your jaw off your face," I warn him as we get our trays.

"You two keep bringing me into your dumb conversations like I will actually contribute to it," Seb rolls his eyes.

"Wow," Luna drawls. "I'm hurt."

"Sorry, baby," Seb says as we sit down. Carter to my side, and my other teammates all around us, chatting. Seb kisses Luna's forehead. "I'm only telling the truth. I say something against you, and you will stop talking to me. I say something against this shitbag, and I'm getting physically injured. So I just keep my trap closed."

"Good man," I nod.

Luna glares at me. Then she breaks into a big smile.

I'm confused as fuck, as Sebastian's eyes widen. I turn behind and...

"Kaitlyn," Luna gets up to greet her. And I'm staring at these two hug like they've known each other their whole lives.

"What the fuck..." Carter huffs out a chuckle. He's amused. Why wouldn't he be? My life is turning into a circus.

Dickhead.

"I'll agree with Carter. What the fuck?" I frown as Kaitlyn sits beside Luna.

She looks like shit.

Not.

Why does she need to be pretty? I think it would be easier to hate on her if she looked like a dying fish. But no, she needs the face of an angel. But she's got the soul of a demon queen.

I'd know.

Because we're the same.

Her blue eyes stare into mine. "Luna invited me over," she shrugs.

"Luna," I growl, betrayed.

"What," she asks a bit shyly as she takes in my expression. Stone. That's how I become when I'm upset. Guarded. Or when I'm about to explode. "Other people were being pissy around her. I thought I'd be a good person."

I'm seconds away from flipping this table upside down. I grit my teeth, jaw clenching hard as I stare at Kaitlyn.

So fucking what, if her friends are boycotting her and siding with the dickhead?

She. Chose. This.

I give Kate an evil smile. "I'm guessing you're using your spells to bewitch people around me. After all, you've always been good at using people for your own benefit."

Kaitlyn stares at me hard. "I don't need your pity, so go shove it up your ass. I'm here because of Luna. And I'll sit with her if I fucking want to. You have such a problem, go shoo," she dismisses me.

My friends stare at me, dumbfounded.

I stare at Kaitlyn like she's grown two heads.

Luna laughs. "See. I love her."

I clench my fists and look away to not do something stupid. And whilst I'm doing that, I catch sight of the fuckerheads crew. Dexter looking at Kaitlyn like she's lost her mind. Talia at his arm, glaring daggers at Kaitlyn's head. Now that's a sight.