Chapter 5: Teacher's desk

"If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse." By Holly Black.

♦ ♢ ♦ Xavier ♦ ♢ ♦

How the hell did all of this unfold like it did?

One wrong move from Douchebag Terrence and now I've got a fake girlfriend who hates me as much as I hate her.

But let's be honest. Terrence can go fuck himself. So I've chosen lesser of two evil.

Not that Kaitlyn literally isn't a demon child. But whatever.

The day goes by.

I've got no idea what to do.

She hasn't talked to me further about her little ruse, and I don't have the time to go chase after her sorry ass.

After Chemistry is over, the school ends. She'd stayed all alone through out the day, and it didn't seem like she gave two fucks. Carter was confused as to what her strategy was, and I must say the same.

But hey, if she wants my help, she'll need to come to me, not the other way around.

I'm going over to my locker where I can see Molly, leaning against it.

Fuck's sake.

Again, not it the mood. Sweetheart Kaitlyn ruined it by making me think of her. Like she always does.

"Hey," Molly drawls.

"Sup," I open my locker and shove my shit in.

"I was wondering if you're free tomorrow," she bats her eyes at me. "I am."

"I'll see," I tell her, because as of now, I don't know how this fake dating thing is supposed to work.

Which is irritating, considering I don't want to do any work in this matter, and thinking about it is considered work in my books.

"Oh," she pouts. "You're so busy these days."

"Because he's hanging around me."

I turn my head to see Kaitlyn walking over, a small smile on her face.

"He is?" Molly looks at me.

"He is," Kaitlyn answers, weaving her arm through mine.

Umm.

I've got way too many opinions about that.

"Xavier?" Molly asks.

"Ask her," I jerk my chin toward Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn glares at me. I raise a brow to say the floor is yours.

"Why the fuck is Xavier hanging around trash like you?" Molly says in disgust.

"We've started talking to each other," Kaitlyn shrugs. "And I'd like it if you kept yourself to yourself, and left Xavier alone for me to take care of," she gives Molly a venomous smile.