Chapter 18: Poke

♦ ♢ ♦ Kaitlyn ♦ ♢ ♦

With Monday, comes a new week. And with a new week, come new surprises. This one, a pain in the ass.

Xavier and I got paired in Chem for a project. And by the way his eyes danced, he has all the intention of making my life difficult.

Right now, we are sitting in the library, trying to get started on making a presentation on organic chemistry and chirality. And I'm typing and researching while he's lying back on the wooden bench, his bag under his head.

"You're participating in the work," I growl at him. "I won't be the only one to finish it."

He smirks. "We will see, Sharpie," he stretches his arms up, and I try not to ogle his abs that are revealed as his shirt lifts up. His arms flexing.

I poke him in the rib, making him jerk. I snicker as he glares at me. "You will see my wrath if you don't get your laptop out right now."

He sits up. "And you will see my dark side if you poke me again," he purrs as he leans toward me with a smile.

My heart gallops at the mischief in his eyes. Fuck, they are so grey, so pretty, they could easily replace diamonds. But I feel like challenging him, so I poke him again. "Whatcha gonna do?" I raise a brow.

I shriek when his hand grab my waist, twist them enough so that when he pushes me back, I fall on my back against the bench. And he's hovering over me in a second, his strong arms bracketing my head and his face millimeters away.

My breath gets caught as I stare at him, my brain malfunctioning.

"Surprised?" He chuckles, his eyes caressing my face.

I can't look away. Can't speak. Can't think.

Him between my legs it too much to handle. Like every nerve in my body is about to explode.

"What happened?" He mocks as he whispers in my ear, making me want to roll my eyes back again. Holy shit! "Cat got tongue?" His breath washes over my ear.

But one thought snags at me. How many other girls has he done this to? Been between their legs and whispered something dirty?

An unusual feeling claws at me, and I've got a sudden urge to show him that I'm not like other girls. Not one to giggle and shy away at his words, like all others, but one to challenge and stand against him. Like there is only one me.

So I push against his chest, making him hover away. And I keep on pushing until he's on his back again, his expression full of surprise, and I'm the one straddling him. Again, another sexual position. And it threatens to wash away my sanity, but I hold onto a tiny thread of it.

I lean down instead and whisper. "You surprised?" I chuckle, and feel his hands grip my waist on instinct. "What? Didn't think the good girl had it in her, did you? Rookie mistake," I tsk, and lean back.

And then do something he hates. I ruffle his fluffy black hair.

This shakes him out of his daze, and he growls, making me laugh. "Kaitlyn," he warns.

"Xavier?" I mock, still playing with his perfect hair.

"Stop it."