Chapter 6: Interested

♦ ♢ ♦ Kaitlyn ♦ ♢ ♦

Tuesday. New day, new start, they say.

Bullshit.

It's like Dexter and Talia are trying to rub their betrayal into my damn face.

Fuck.

I won't cry, though. No. I won't cry over getting cheated on. No, it's fine. Totally cool, that she's sitting in his lap during English literature, and Ms Evans is letting it pass like she used to for us. Meanwhile, I'm in the corner, sitting with nobody, because this class is filled with the football crowd.

And they've obviously boycotted me, because now I'm bad for their perfect reputation.

So what, I've stopped wearing prep school shit?

So what I ditched pastel colors for greys and black clothes? I like it.

No, I love it. And I'm not about to let these people think that their opinions matter. So I keep my head held high throughout English. And then I leave the class to go to my locker. At least I'm hanging out with Luna after school. She's literally the only nice person left in this school apparently. I never had anything against her, and she's just such a free spirit, that she makes me forget about the backstabbing bitches my supposed friends are.

I enter the pin to my locker, and open it, just to have it slammed shut.

I flinch back. Then look to my right to find a smiling Talia.

This. Bitch.

"You've got yellow teeth," I tell her as she smiles at me. Her smile drops. HA. Stupid bitch.

"How have you been, bestie," she purrs, checking her nails. "You know, I'm having the time of my life. First time in all my time here, do I have Dexter's attention all to myself, instead of on you. You know how long he's been chasing after me?" She smiles again, slowly.

My heart beats in my throat.

God... no...

I don't need to know this.

Sweat breaks out in my body.

"Since I joined," she says.

My heart drops into my stomach.

It's like I've been slapped in the face. A whole year. He's been... for a whole year.

It's a little bit hard to breathe, let alone save my tears. And her victorious smile tells me that she knows it's an effort for me to hold myself together.

"Good for you," I clear my throat. I resist the urge to look down. I won't cower. "I'm glad that cheating asshole has now been passed down to you. Honestly, I hope you enjoy my leftovers."

Her eyes flash. "He was never really with you, sweetie. He was always with me. Since you never gave him what he wanted, he took me instead. Because he's smarter, and you never deserved him in the first place."

Never gave him what he wanted?

What the fuck?

I've given him everything. My trust. My love. My promises...

Wait... my... virginity?

Had her instead... What the fuck.

So this is about that?

Holy. Shit.

How superficial was that fucking dickhead?

And how am I only realizing this now?