Chapter 2

"MY NAME IS commandant Shadis, and my mission in life is to personally make your lives hell

"MY NAME IS commandant Shadis, and my mission in life is to personally make your lives hell. As I look before me, I see nothing but a crowd of weak, insignificant, puny, insects. By the end of these three years of training, I want to at least one of you shit for brains to graduate." A man wearing a beige jacket and heavy eye-bags declared. After giving the group as a whole verbal abuse, Shadis averted his gaze, looking for his next victims when he laid eyes on a man with ash blonde hair and brown eyes.

"What's your name, spineless moron?" Shadis yelled to the man in particular, who instinctively bit his tongue in shock. After not giving an answer, Kieth marched towards him and gripped his hair within his hands. "I'm talking to you!"

Panicked, the man answered, his voice shaky and his hands trying to stop Shadis from pulling on his hair. "I'm sorry okay, my name's Oruo Bozad." He finally replied.

A mistake, Carmen noted. She knew how to act around someone who acted superior to her, and that was to do her usual emotionless act. It filled their ego, made them think that she knew her place, when in reality, she was thinking of every way she could possibly kill them. The blonde never went through with it, but it always helped to know she was better than each of her foe.

"Did a dog teach you to speak? That is not how you address your commandant!" Kieth then head butted Oruo to the ground, even Carmen had to admit that she pitied him.

"I'm so sorry sir!" Oruo then yelled.

"And what is a runt like you doing here?"

"To make my family proud, sir!" He replied.

"Pointless! No one will ever be proud of a maggot like you!" Kieth insulted then walked away when Oruo looked as though he was about to cry.

A few more people were chosen to face criticism after the event, that's when the commandant appeared in the row of potential soldiers that Carmen stood in. The girl beside her was visibly shaking, he strawberry blonde hair covered her face so she didn't have to look the man directly in the eyes, however, her plan was going to attract more unwanted attention.

"I suggest you compose yourself, quickly." Carmen advised quietly, noticing the girl suddenly shift her attention towards her. Another mistake.

"Do you worms have better things to do!?" Shadis yelled at them, seeing the small interaction.

"No sir!" The younger girl yelled back, where as Carmen stayed quiet. It usually satisfied most of the soldiers she knew, but the commandant saw it as ignorance, this wasn't how she should be acting.

"Are you deaf or something!" Kieth punched the blondes shoulder, forcing her to acknowledge him.

"No sir." Carmen replied flatly, not expressing the same dedication as the others.

"Speak up!"

"I said, no sir." She repeated, slightly louder than previously.

"What were you lowlifes talking about? It better be important!"