Chapter One

(A/N: don't forget to read Chapter 40 of Secret of An Alpha: Retribution before this book)

The sunlight filtering through the curtains was enough to disturb Luke from sleep. He stirred, making sure to sit up quietly to prevent the person sleeping next to him from waking up too.

Luke checked the time on his phone. It was quarter-to-five in the morning. Luke had approximately thirty minutes to leave.

Luke got off the bed and went to prepare for the day.

It's been approximately over a year since the events of Dangerous Valley Pack and its shenanigans. Luke and Rolus went to the same hospital that night. Rolus had too much blood loss, so he needed a blood transfusion.

Rolus had a rare blood type, so he didn't match with anyone. It wasn't until Luke found out that Rolus needed blood, that he offered his in a heartbeat. As easy as it was, it took the most out of Luke to donate his blood to Rolus as he was a perfect match. Much to Sierra's dismay, Luke's blood helped Rolus. It was the least he could do after Rolus saved him. Luke and his people left the same night after the bullet was removed. Luke has not seen Rolus since. He was not ready and he didn't think he would be ready.

As for Dangerous Valley Pack, Luke left things the way they were and didn't even tell his Pack what went on at Dangerous Valley Pack. The last thing he needed was to worry his parents for nothing.

Six months after kidnapping them, Perez reached out to Luke to ask for forgiveness. Perez asked to meet, with Luke agreeing. When they did meet, Perez apologised, saying it was revenge that made him act the way he did. He also asked about Lucia. He asked what kind of a person she was, her favourite things, and everything she liked to do. Luke told him everything about her. As much as Luke helped Perez, Perez also helped him. Reminiscing about Lucia helped in so many ways, especially all the good things that happened.

Luke and Perez kept on meeting even when Luke finished talking about Lucia. It got to a point where Luke realised he enjoyed Perez's company. It was nice to interact with the people outside the Pack- learning about other things rather than always being cooped up.

Luke saw Perez as a really good friend. An adventurous friend that kept both his personal and Pack duties separate. Perez had ample time, which amazed Luke because he never had that.

The secret?

It was the Dangerous Valley's Pack dynamics that ensured that their pack was running smoothly without hurdles. When it came to their pack, they prioritised anything. Luke found that Perez was an amazing leader at everything he did that even if he wasn't present for an entire year at his Pack, the Pack would still function as if he was there.

That's what also fascinated Luke about Perez.

Luke returned from the bathroom to catch a glimpse of the man sitting on the edge of the bed buttoning his shirt. Luke smiled, leaning against the bathroom doorway with one of his leg crossed over the other.

"Good morning," Luke winked.

"It's a good morning indeed, Babyboy. How did you sleep?"

The man scanned Luke from top to bottom; the mocking, yet sexy smirk from him a good representation of mischieve and the auditory equivalence of a bitter-sweet memory that rattles around like a non-existent solution to an unsolvable problem.

Luke sighed, coming over to the bed. "Not so good. I keep thinking about what we're doing. It's wrong in so many levels. This is not me. We shouldn't be doing this." The worry in Luke's tone was unsettling.

The man stood up from the bed to reach Luke's level. He massaged his shoulders, leaning his face to Luke's ear. "We're just enemies made to friends. What's wrong with that?" He kissed Luke's neck. "You have to get back to your Pack before they send out a search party for you. I don't want them thinking I kidnapped you again."