Chapter twenty

The Annual Pack Meeting was in progress. It had been in progress for about four hours, with breaks every hour for fifteen minutes. They all had presented their financial reports. It was a good year, and every Pack had made good financial decisions.

They were mostly done discussing their Pack progress, new developments and financial stability. Right now they were discussing their challenges, and problems encountered with other Packs.

As usual, Alpha Shaw tried to pick fights with the Black Moon Pack.

"Alpha Luke has not responded to me about his members trespassing into my Pack. This is a matter of respect, my fellow Alphas," Alpha Shaw complained.

Rolus sighed, already tired of Alpha Shaw's voice. It was the fifth complaint he laid against the Black Moon Pack. Rolus could see that everyone wished the old man would just shut up.

"Alpha Shaw, like I assured you before, my Beta and Gamma did not trespass. They came in my place to the dinner you invited me to," Luke replied. He looked fed up, but kept his voice level to keep the peace.

"I didn't invite your Beta and Gamma, Lucas. I invited you."

That's how another hour went by, with Alpha Shaw and Alpha Luke going back and forth. Alpha Shaw raised a complaint, then Luke defended his actions.

"That's enough, you two. Let's continue this after the break," Alpha Christian saved them all.

Rolus and Sierra didn't waste any time getting out of the room.

"How long until we leave?" Sierra asked, flipping through the notes she took.

"About an hour, but I'm sure Alpha Shaw will drag it to five hours," Rolus replied, groaning. They made it outside.

"I just want to go back to the Pack already," Sierra said, typing on her phone. Now that he had a mate, Rolus picked up that Sierra missed Theo, that the distance took a toll on her.

Rolus had the worst week of his life. With being away from Luke and trying to honor his plea, Rolus was in pain. Sierra tried to help however she could, but she was not Luke. Rolus spent the week in his room, in pain.

For now, only Sierra and Theo knew of Rolus finding his mate. Sierra and Rolus didn't plan on letting Theo know. It just kind of happened since all of a sudden, Sierra was all over Rolus, spending time with him and all. Theo found it suspicious, and confronted them. Rolus had to explain to Theo that he was longing for his mate.

This year, Rolus didn't have any bone to pick with anyone because he mostly butted heads with Luke, but given their circumstances, he thought all was well.

"Here comes your mate, with a leech on his arm," Sierra whispered, openly starring at the approaching pair.

Rolus turned to look. Alpha Zelda had locked her arm with Luke's. Luke didn't even seem bothered, at all.

"Alpha Rolus! Felt like I haven't seen you in forever, my sweetheart. How have you been?" Alpha Zelda greeted.

Rolus was staring at their arms in disdain. "Fine." He met her eyes. "I've been good."

"That's good news to hear. I just came to greet you all. Love, let's go greet Alpha Leticia. I'm sure she'll be happy to see us together," she said, about to drag Luke away.

"Wait! I actually have something to discuss with Luke. If you don't mind, Alpha Zelda," Rolus was clutching at straws, hoping Luke wouldn't embarass him in front of his ex.

"Of course. Zelda, I'll come find you," Luke addressed the other Alpha. Zelda seemed annoyed, but brushed off the look and stomped away.

Sierra made herself disappear, which left Luke and a nervous Rolus together.