Chapter thirty-six

Like Luke promised, their next activity was going to be their alone time. Luke mentioned something about booking the lake for tonight. For the whole morning, Luke was making arrangements.

When Rolus awoke in the morning, he found his breakfast ready, with a red rose on the tray. He laughed at that, but was overall pleased. He also found a handwritten note. Luke was informing him that he would be back later. He was busy with making preparations for them for their getaway at the lake.

The excitement Rolus felt was indescribable. It showed that Luke was putting in the effort. And it made Rolus incredibly happy.

He thought it wouldn't hurt to roam around since he had nothing to do. He thought it wouldn't hurt to try out the spa. It would have been nicer if they were going together, but it was fine.

He slipped on his sandals, then scribbled on the paper to let his mate know that he was going to the spa.

He slipped out of their room, then went to the lobby. He found Cole.

"Rolus. How lovely to see you. How are you?" he asked, grinning.

"Doing good. I'm glad I found you. I wanted to ask about booking the spa. Can you help me?"

"Yes, of course. Come over here." He gestured to the reception table. He went to the computer. "For you and your husband?"

"No. For me alone," he replied.

Cole spent a moment behind the computer. "Alright, done. There's a slot in thirty minutes. Here, give this to your masseur." He gave Rolus a card.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Happy to help."

Rolus went to sit on the couch. He leaned his head against the backrest. He was about to close his eyes when he caught sight of Natalie, with her baby in her arms. Before he could react, Natalie saw him. She smiled, heading his way.

The baby in her arms was asleep when she sat beside him. "Good morning, Rolus."

"Good morning. How are you?"

Natalie chuckled. "I'm doing alright. We're actually leaving today. When are you leaving?"

"In two days," Rolus lied. They were leaving in three days.

"Wow! I'm so envious. I wished we were leaving tomorrow. But, Leo has work, so..."

Rolus nodded. Luke was good and patient with Natalie. Well, he was more tolerable.

Rolus was unable to entertain Natalie when she started to ramble about how Leo's work was an inconvenience.

Rolus tuned her out, and instead, tried to imagine what Luke had really planned. He hoped they would have a run together. The anticipation became unbearable when he thought of them running together.

"... and then she yelled at me. She just doesn't understand why I'm not-"

"I'm sorry, but I have to be somewhere. I hope you have a safe travel, Natalie," Rolus interrupted.

Natalie was frowning. "Where are you going?"

Rolus refrained from sighing. The woman didn't understand the concept of privacy. "Have a good day, Natalie." Rolus stood up.

"But I-"

Rolus didn't let her finish. He just left, and went to the spa. He said his greetings to the masseur, then gave her the card.

He was led into a bathroom, and also given a bathrobe. When he emerged, he was told where to lie down.
_______

Rolus didn't understand how after receiving the massage, his body was sore. Wasn't the point of a massage to relieve his body pains?