Chapter twenty-nine

When Luke talked with Perez' parents, they promised to make Robert see sense. They also did not agree with the punishment. They thought it too extreme for the crime committed. They wouldn't say what the crime was. They also said that if Robert was being stubborn, then they would escalate the matter further to Council Magdeline. Council Magdeline was the highest authority in the Council. And she did not know about the abomination Robert had bestowed upon the Creek Pack.

With the way Robert confronted him, he guessed their talk did not go well. He hoped that Perez' parent would deliver on their promise to let Council Magdeline know.

Luke was indifferent to the accusations thrown his way by Beta Sierra. She accused him of knowing where Rolus was, and that if they planned his disappearance, to at least let her know where he was.

Tamera was also present, sitting by the corner in Luke's office, not saying anything. She looked disappointed. Luke had the edge to strangle the soul out of her. But then he felt guilty. It was not her fault. Rolus was at fault.

"Look, the Pack is waiting for Alpha Rolus. This is not funny anymore. You know very well that it is the eve of his mating ceremony," Sierra tried to reason.

Luke felt agitated. They all acted like they didn't know that he was Rolus' mate. That he's the one who is supposed to have the mating ceremony with Rolus, and not Tamera. "Sierra, after your Alpha came here, he left shortly after Robert left. He mentioned something about needing to teach Robert a lesson. He left."

Sierra glared. "Your mate is missing! And you're not worried?"

"My mate? Rolus is not my mate, Sierra. You seem to forget that he's getting mated tomorrow, to her." He pointed at Tamera, who seemed to shrink when his anger was directed at her.

"Alpha Luke, please tell us where Rolus is. We can't cancel the mating ceremony. Everyone is coming tomorrow. Please," Sierra begged. She looked like she was about to break down.

As much as Luke would have gotten the satisfaction of seeing Sierra break down, he had other things to focus on. "Beta Sierra, and Delta Tamera, you will have to be on your way. I have some things to focus on. Do let me know when you do find your Alpha."

Sierra didn't wait another second before stomping out of the office. Tamera remained seated.

Luke was not in the mood to entertain her. "The door is still open."

Tamera stood, eyes dull. She came in front of Luke, staring him down. "You know. If I knew that you were going to act this way, I wouldn't have agreed to be his replacement mate."

Luke crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against the backrest of his chair. "And what way am I acting?"

She rolled her eyes. "Like I'm the one stealing your mate. Do you realise how big a sacrifice I'm making? I'm losing my Delta title of this Pack. I'm rejecting my mate for you. I'm losing the Pack I've always known for you." By the end of her speech, she had teary eyes.

It hurt Luke that he was causing her so much pain. That he was the reason for all the hate she's receiving from the Pack. That he's the reason their relationship is strained.

"The door is still open. Please see yourself out," he muttered. He saw the hate brew in Tamera's eyes. She turned around and left, her fury trailing behind her.

After her departure, Luke did not waste time and walked to the basement. It was a dungeon, but it was turned into a basement over time.

He had ordered that no one venture into the basement for the time being. He felt himself smile when he unlocked the steel door. He opened it, the creaking making him cringe.