Chapter twelve

Rolus tried to look presentable when he was called down. He didn't understand what was so important for Alpha Luke to barge in this early in the morning.

The call he received from Luke's Pack was a bit hostile for his liking. The woman speaking only said that Luke requested to have a meeting with him, then hung up.

Rolus was a bit glad that Sierra was out of town for business. Business as in out there investigating. The contact that they were supposed to meet did not pitch up. Sierra said it's unusual, hence she left to find out what was going on. Of course Theo couldn't let her go alone, so he volunteered with the permission from Rolus.

Rolus headed to his office, where he found Luke pacing. He crossed his arms over his chest, raising a brow at Luke, who stopped to look at him.

"And what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" Rolus asked, watching Luke's face change emotions too fast.

"I'm here with someone," Luke replied.

Rolus didn't realise there was someone else in the room. He did a double take at the old man. He remembered the face from somewhere, but he couldn't pinpoint where. "Who is he?"

"This is Elder Rumi. And Elder Rumi, this is Alpha Rolus of Creek Pack," he introduced, his eyes too suspicious for Rolus' taste.

"Elder Rumi of which Pack?"

Luke seemed nervous to divulge the information.

Rolus raised a brow.

Luke sighed. "Of Dangerous Valley Pack."

At that, Rolus felt his blood boil. He remembered the old bastard. "Seriously Luke? Wasn't it enough prancing around with that murderer boyfriend of yours, now you're bringing his Truth Seeker?"

Luke looked embarrassed, glancing back at the Elder to see his reaction. The man didn't even react.

"Rolus, not now, please. Elder Rumi is here with me to confirm what you told me."

At that, Rolus stiffened. He glanced at the old man, sighing when he didn't reveal anything. Luke was going to destroy both their lives if he went around spewing nonsense.

He quickly grabbed Luke's hand, and dragged him where it was safe to talk without incriminating eyes. Luke obliged, following Rolus. He snatched his hand from Rolus, muttering something under his breath.

When they arrived in his room, Rolus made sure to lock the door. He turned to Luke, already furious. "How many people have you told?" he hissed.

Luke pursed his lips. He remained quiet.

"Moon Goddess! How many, Luke?"

Luke had the decency to roll his eyes. "Four."

Rolus might as well have exploded with the way his eyes went wide and face blanched. "You're insufferable, you know that? Should have fucking never told you. Can't you keep your mouth shut for once? Luke, for once!"

Luke was offended. "You should have rejected me when you had the fucking chance!"

Rolus laughed, humorless. "You think I didn't?"

"The second time since the first didn't work. Now, Elder Rumi is here to confirm that you're truly my mate."

Rolus looked at him with accusing eyes. "Perez knows then?" When Luke looked away, Rolus felt powerless. He felt betrayed. "You told your fucking bloodthirsty boyfriend? I should have seen this coming! Fuck, Luke!" He felt like ripping his hair out.

"What if I did? Let's go back down so that Elder Rumi can confirm."

Rolus glared. "You don't think I'm telling the truth?"