Chapter thirteen

(A/N: There's a chapter posted minutes before this one. Don't miss it,)

Rolus let the young lady knock on Luke's door. It wasn't long before someone came to open the door.

"Liliana, this better be worth it. What do you want?" A woman Rolus presumed to be Tamera asked. She looked about ready to eat the poor girl alive.

"I-I... I brought-"

"I don't have all day. I'm in the middle of something important here," Tamera snapped.

"Geez! Today is a good day. What got you this bitchy?" the girl, Liliana, snapped back.

Rolus saw Tamera about to close the door, so he quickly intervened. The girl must be so stressed to not have noticed Rolus' presence nor smell.

"I'm here to see Alpha Luke," Rolus said. Tamera's eyes went wide, just for a moment, before the glare overtook.

"Wow! What a pleasant surprise. Alpha Rolus here to see his mate," Tamera was anything but nice. She spit the word mate like it was made of acid.

"Delta Tamera! Alpha could have you obliterated for speaking with his mate like this. What's wrong with you?" Liliana defended Rolus.

It was almost sweet, but Rolus didn't do sweet.

Tamera shook her head, fed with the young lady. "You know what, Liliana? Alpha can have you obliterated for speaking with his Delta like a fucking rogue. Now, scram!"

Liliana gulped, looking away. She did eventually bolt when Tamera threatened to obliterate her herself. When they were alone, Tamera focused on Rolus. "And to what do we owe the visit?"

"Like you said, I'm here to see my mate," Rolus said, smiling. It almost killed him to say that, but it was worth it to see Tamera pissed.

Before Tamera could say anything, Luke's Beta came out.

"Tamera, let's go," he said, face hard.

Tamera was about to protest, but Peter just grabbed her hand and dragged her away.

The whole scene had distracted Rolus from his anger, but now that it was over, he finally focused on the rage he felt when he came here.

He entered.

Since his 'half' rejection, Rolus was no longer affected by the mate bond. His barely existing bond to Luke was suppressed. That's what he deduced because he never felt the sparks that he was supposed to feel when he touched Luke, nor did he feel any longing to be near him. He felt nothing at all. The only time he experienced the mate bond between them, it was seconds before he rejected him. He couldn't even remember what it felt like to be honest.

So, when he entered the room that Luke occupied, he felt dread slowly creep in. Seeing Luke laying on the couch with a checkered throw covering him, many emotions overcame him.

He couldn't pinpoint what he felt, but what he knew was that Luke fucked them over and over and over again.

The moment he laid eyes on Luke's figure, he knew instantly what the bloody Alpha did.

He felt the suppressed bond between them awaken the longer he kept watching over Luke. Was it fucking longing he felt? To be near Luke?

No! Rolus shook his head, the fear and dread making him feel lightheaded. In the midst of it all, his anger overcame whatever shit he felt for Luke.

He couldn't stand this. Luke had to explain what he did because Rolus was not going to go around feeling the mate bond Luke fucking awakened.

Before he could change his mind, Rolus went over to Luke. Without thinking, he touched his shoulder. He recoiled when he felt like he was zapped.