Chapter fourteen

The morning after the celebrations saw Alpha Luke holding a meeting with his Pack members. He ordered them to remain quiet about his and Rolus' mate bond.

The Pack was confused, but Luke tried to explain that he and Rolus were not ready to let the world know of their bond. Some members still found it confusing and tried to raise questions, but Peter and Macey shut them down before they could pressurize Luke.

After the meeting, some members came to congratulate Luke for the umpteenth time, happy that their Alpha found his mate at last. For a moment, Luke pretended that he was happy and all was well between him and Rolus. Some older ladies even tried to get the tea on how they realised they were mates. Some made jokes at how they hated each other's guts in the beginning. Luke laughed at that, but still found himself upset.

In the end, Peter helped Luke get away from too eager ladies and teens. Before leaving, they made him promise to hold a big celebration where many Packs where invited to witness his mating ceremony.

As if that would ever happen. Luke was sure Rolus would rather be struck by lightning than be seen with him. That's how much he thought Rolus hated him. Come on, the man rejected Luke, then led him to believe that he rejected his sister. The man lied for full straight seven years. If that didn't scream hate, then Luke didn't know.

Luke was happy when his Pack was happy. He hoped everything worked out in the end to not disappoint his Pack. He was even willing to fake whatever mate bond to be with Rolus, for the sake of his Pack.

He saw how him accepting the mate bond made Rolus act. He hated it because the bond made Rolus think he cared for Luke when in fact it was the bond's influence.

Peter led Luke to the office, and promised to be back with their lunch.

There were two other people that Luke had to inform about him finding his mate. His parents would be elated, but would not believe that Rolus didn't know all along that they were mates.

He was about to call them, but Peter came back with their food.

"So, what was Alpha Rolus doing here yesterday?" Peter asked, setting their plates on the table.

Luke shrugged. "Was furious about me telling my Pack about our mate bond." Luke poked the steak with his fork, not really hungry.

"I meant, when he came here. What did he exactly want?" Peter finished his lunch within a matter of seconds. Luke pushed the plate to him and told him to help himself to his plate.

Luke shrugged once again. "Didn't say."

When Peter finished clearing the plate, he stacked them together and pushed them to the side. "Something on your mind?"

"Yes. I-" before he could explain, a knock disturbed him. He groaned. He was not in any mood to entertain more people. Peter was enough. "Come in."

The door opened, Diana coming through the door with Young Carl. Luke smiled at the little guy.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you, Alpha Luke," Diana apologised.

"No, it's fine,"

Diana went to Peter, handing him the child. "I've got errands to run, and everyone is busy. You won't mind looking after him for a bit, right?"

"No, it's fine, Love."

Diana smiled, bending to kiss Peter and Young Carl's foreheads.
Peter caught Luke's eye. He looked uncomfortable. He did say some time ago that he felt awkward flashing his love life in front of Luke, who didn't have any at all.

Luke rolled his eyes, but focused more on the little guy. Young Carl got off his father's lap and started going to the couch where he liked to play and sleep. He had his stuffed cat toy that Luke got him to annoy Peter. The little guy loved that stuffed animal.