Chapter thirty-two

Luke withdrew a huge amount of cash to last them a week. He said he didn't want anyone knowing where they were, hence he used his bank card before they went further away from their Packs.

They found themselves a distance away from both their Packs, and it was a relief Rolus didn't know he needed.

Luke still had his mobile phone, but Rolus didn't have his. Luke switched off his phone to prevent calls and tracking. He did send a lengthy text message to both Peter and Sierra about them going to enjoy their honeymoon.

Rolus thought it was to piss Sierra off. If he knew about the text before Luke sent it, he would have edited some things.

When they got to their hotel room, Luke threw himself on the bed, shoes still on. He claimed that he was tired from driving and the day they had.

Rolus took Luke's shoes off, and also helped him take off his suit jacket and shirt. He was left with his undershirt.

He ordered room service for dinner. He was hungry since he only had breakfast in the morning.

When his dinner arrived, he put some inside the bar fridge for Luke if he woke up in the middle of the night feeling hungry.

When he was done eating, he packed away the plates and undressed to his undershirt and pants. He made sure there was ample space between them. It was for Luke's comfort.

He didn't sleep right away. He kept on reflecting on the day's events. He sighed, turning around to face Luke.

Luke was asleep, so he didn't see the need to tiptoe. He snuggled closer to Luke, then slung his arm over him. Luke stirred, making Rolus freeze. He didn't wake up, which was a relief to Rolus. When it was safe, Rolus sighed. This was not working. They had to have a talk tomorrow about each of their expectations.

Rolus removed his arm, then scooted away from Luke. He turned to the wall, then willed himself to sleep.

When morning came, Rolus found himself on Luke's side of the bed. Luke was long awake. Rolus smiled, wrapped up in his mate's scent.

He knew he was becoming a lovesick fool, and it's only a matter of time before Luke noticed and became awkward.

He was about to go back to sleep, but the opening of the door stopped him. He peeked out of the covers, seeing Luke carrying some paper bags.

When he noticed him watching, Luke smiled, putting the bags on the chair. He headed over to Rolus, then sat on the edge of the bed. His hand found Rolus' hair, then brushed it away from his face.

Rolus leaned into Luke's touch when he ran his hand through his hair.

"Come on, I went shopping for our change of clothes. We're also leaving in two hours. So, we should get ready," Luke said, surprising Rolus.

"Where are we going?"

"The Lakeview Resort. Thought I might do something for us. Trying to put in the effort, you know." Luke shrugged.

That made Rolus incredibly happy. He kicked the covers, then sat up on the bed.

He was pleasantly surprised when Luke pulled him in for a brief kiss.

When he pulled away, Luke was smiling. "Was that okay?"

Rolus' mind was a jumbled mess, so he just nodded. Luke shifted aside so that Rolus could get off the bed.

"The clothes in the black bag are yours. I'll order us breakfast whilst you get ready," Luke notified.

"Thanks." Rolus went to open the black bag, taking out the clothes Luke bought. He went into the bathroom to prepare.