ten | friend or woe

-TEN-

The last thing Juniper remembered was having a bag pulled over her head whilst she looked at the books in the hidden library. Next thing she knew, the bag was removed and her wrists were bound behind a chair. She fiddled about, trying to get herself loose, and froze upon seeing Xavier standing next to both her and Wednesday.

"Idiot," she hissed, "You know I don't like being restricted."

"That was kind of a requirement, June." He chuckled softly.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" Said an overly familiar voice. There were masked people standing around in a semicircle, making Juniper scoff at their amateur disguises. 

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Scowled Wednesday. When the girl did so, she quipped sharply, "Wait, I preferred you with it on."

"How did you get down here?" Bianca asked.

"Rowan showed me." Seeing their baffled expressions, the girl said, "Left pocket." Xavier moved forward and picked out the drawing from Wednesday's pocket.

"I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then, Juniper and I solved the riddle." Said Wednesday. "Well, she just stood guard, but that's not the point."

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." Said a boy with long hair.

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" The goth quipped.

Juniper freed herself and shook off her binds, standing up curtly. When the people around made a motion to try and re-capture her, she said in a chilling voice, "Touch me and I will hurt you all." She glanced at Wednesday who shook her head slightly. Shrugging, the dryad took her place next to the girl, sitting on the chair with one leg up.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite." Bianca droned. Juniper got bored, and decided to zone out till she heard Wednesday say, "I freed myself five minutes ago."

"What?!" Juniper exclaimed. She earned a few looks from the others, but she didn't care.

Wednesday moved forward, and approached the long haired boy, saying, "Do you want a matching black eye?" When he didn't move out if her way.

He hastily gave her way, catching Juniper by the shoulder when she passed him. "I still get my face cream, right?" He whispered in her ear.

"Unhand me or you won't get it from now on." She snarled.

Following Wednesday up the stairs, she felt a small smile grace her delicate features as the murderous girl say, "It's amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name." She laced her fingers with the dryad's and dragged her up the stairs, ignoring the blush which went over Juniper's cheeks.

--Time Skip--

Juniper laced up her black boots, smiling and lifting up Kelpie in her arms. The black cat purred as she took him outside. "Now Kelpie, I want you to be in your best behaviour. So no chasing or eating anything which you shouldn't." She warned, looking around for Wednesday and Enid.

"Junie!" Squealed the blonde, having spotted her. Kelpie purred when the werewolf stroked her black fur, making Juniper smile. The familiar usually didn't let any canine species near her, but Enid was a clear exception.