twenty three | dig deep down

-TWENTY THREE-

The two girls entered the school, and Juniper noticed Pugsley was nowhere to be found. She looked at her girlfriend and said, "Why don't you check on your brother? I think he'll like that."

"Cara mia, I'm sure Pugsley's managing," sighed the goth, rolling her eyes a little.

"Winnie, my love, my darling, sweetheart, my ever so gorgeous significant other," the dryad smirked at her partner's look of disgust at the names. "He's your family, and clearly is absolutely crushed by his father's sudden arrest. Maybe it would help if you were to give him some sisterly comfort?"

"Except for the first two, I'd appreciate it if you never called me those names ever again," sighed Wednesday. "I'll talk to Pugsley, only if you are with me."

"It sounds like a family thing," frowned Juniper. "I would hate to intrude."

"You never intrude," admitted the black haired girl. "Consider it to be the fact that you may or may not bring me a sense of comfort which doesn't make me want to vomit."

"Alright," chuckled the redhead. "If you say so, my love."

The pair found Pugsley at the lake, staring at the water. Despite it being a crisp, clear, and calm day, there was a certain gloomy air which hung about both the Addams siblings, and not the gloom they usually carried.

"Go away," said the boy dejectedly, as both Wednesday and Juniper approached.

"You forgot your fishing gear," said the goth, placing the bag next to him and sitting down.

"Stop trying to be nice," he scowled. "It doesn't suit you."

"Juniper has taught me some things which don't suit me," admitted Wednesday. "Being nice is one of them."

"Damn," said the boy, leaning forward to catch the dryad's friendly gaze. "Seems like you've got taste in people who are the exact opposite of you."

Deciding to change the subject, Wednesday sighed, "Father packed your favorite bait."

"What'll happen to him now?" Asked the boy.

"Well, he's confessed, so there won't be a trial," sighed Wednesday. "After he's sentenced, he'll be sent to a state penitentiary, where he'll lose his mind being separated from Mother. Did you know they haven't spent a night apart since they tied the knot?"

"That is so cute and so weird at the same time," chuckled Juniper. She kissed Wednesday's cheek and winked, "Like you, my love."

"Not in front of my brother, please, cara mia," sighed Wednesday, interlocking their index fingers. She turned back to her brother, "I always thought I'd be the first one in the family behind bars. Lurch and I had a bet going."

When he didn't reply, she added, "Come on. Let's see if the fish are biting." She looked at Juniper, "You might want to close your ears for this."

She pulled the pin from a grande and threw it into the water, and it immediately burst, sending several dead fish up to the surface.

"That's totally barbaric!" Gasped the dryad.

Wednesday smirked and kissed her girlfriend's hand, saying evilly, "Don't you know that I love all things murder and massacre?"