sixteen | closer conclusions

-SIXTEEN-

Juniper bade her girlfriend a goodnight, saying, "I'll be right with you, love. I just have to ask something from Miss Thornhill."

Wednesday hesitantly nodded, and undid her index finger from the dryad's, before saying in her usual monotone, "I'll wait near the corridor to your dormitory."

Feeling warmth rise up in her cheeks, the dryad felt her ears grow pointed as she said, "Sure, I—um—of course, love."

Wednesday let a little smile grace her lips as she turned around and walked away. Juniper knocked on her aunt figure's door, smiling when the woman appeared.

"I'm...here for the medicine, Aunt Marilyn," smiled the dryad. "You said you'd give it to me, remember?"

The redhead grinned and said, "Come on in, Junie! I'll just get it for you."

Juniper did the same thing as the previous night. She sat down on the bed and waited till Marilyn returned with that addictive headache medicine. It smelt stronger then, the scent reaching the dryads nose before her aunt figure even entered the room.

This time, her eyes grew heavy, and her whole body went weak. Out came her horns and ears, giving her the same Aries-pixie hybrid look. She accepted the glass with a slightly slurred 'thank you', and downed the contents of the shooter in one gulp. Inhaling deeply as she felt euphoria envelop her body, Juniper allowed herself to give up all control and simply bask in the absolute sensory heaven she was going through.

Her eyes shone electric blue, longer than the first time, and she slumped back against the pillows, limbs slack and lips curled in a drunken grin. "I should go back toWinnie," she slurred, sliding off the bed. "She's waiting for me." She sat down on the floor with a thud when the room began to spin as she giggled, "Whoops."

"Seems like it's working," chuckled Marilyn, helping her up. "Go on to bed, June Bug. It'll help you."

"Okay," said the girl, blinking rapidly as she got her eyes back to their normal colour. "Night, Aunt Marilyn."

She didn't notice that the woman's smile didn't reach her eyes as she replied, "Goodnight, June Bug."

The dryad walked leisurely through the halls, Kelpie finding and walking concernedly by her feet. She bummed to herself and walked quietly otherwise, till she spotted Wednesday at the entrance to her dorm.

"Winnie!" She squealed, tackling her girlfriend in a hug, which the black haired girl reciprocated with an awkward pat on the back.

"Let's go to sleep, shall we?" The goth asked.

"Yeah, let's go. I'm tired," the dryad admitted, following Wednesday into her room.

—Time Skip—

That morning, after Wednesday and Juniper had set up the formers 'evidence board', they found Enid getting grossed out, "When I suggested giving your side of the room a makeover, I did not have Ted Bundy's Pinterest in mind."

"Still not as creepy as your stuffed unicorn collection," Wednesday admitted in her usual monotone, whilst Juniper sat on her bed.

"Is this why you three snuck out last night?

"Juniper, Thing and I made an unsanctioned trip to the morgue to copy the files of the monster's victims," the goth mentioned.