twenty | i see red

-TWENTY-

Juniper and Wednesday walked into the quad, index fingers locked discreetly as they saw a downcast Eugene sitting at the fountain.

"Why so glum?" Asked Wednesday, moving her hand away from the redhead's.

"Saw Enid at lunch," said the boy. "Asked if she got my honey."

"It's not like Juniper and I didn't warn you," admitted Wednesday.

"Well, since neither you nor the pair of us are going to the dance..." Juniper trailed off, but was interrupted by Eugene, "We should go together!"

The dryad had never seen her girlfriend look more disgusted as she exclaimed, "What?! No! I was going to suggest we stake out the cave so that we can identify the monster."

When both girls caught Xavier's eye, which was glancing at them from nearby, Wednesday added with gritted teeth, "Whoever it may be."

—Time Skip—

"My love, have you seen my runestone pouch? I might've left it in here last time," said Juniper as both her and Wednesday got ready for staking out the cave.

"I dunno, ask Thing," shrugged her partner.

"Thing?" The dryad glanced at the hand who scuttled under the bed and pulled out the pouch, along with one of the redhead's green sweaters.

Seeing that, Wednesday scooped the knitted sweater up and shoved it hastily into her closet, glaring at a very smug Juniper who said, "Stealing my clothes, I see?"

"Don't be so smug," scoffed Wednesday. "Is it so wrong that I kept something you left behind?"

"Not so much wrong as it is possessive." The dryad smirked, walking over to her significant other, who looked her up and down. Bending a little, Juniper pressed a soft kiss to her lips, smiling as she pulled away, "You'd look cute in that sweater, by the way."

"I hope so, because you're never getting it back," scowled Wednesday.

Juniper laughed and kissed her lover's cold forehead before saying, "I wasn't doubting the fact that you'd say such a thing."

When there was a knock on the door, Wednesday called out, "Eugene, did you get some extra batteries for the flash—" she opened the door to see a dressed-up Tyler, holding some flowers for her.

"I got your invite," he said, frowning. "I guess you had Thing drop it in the tip jar?"

"Good guess," the girl replied through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, after our last conversation, I wasn't sure I'd ever get to speak to you again but...Well, your note was so genuine and... sweet," hearing those words get addressed to her significant other made Juniper's blood boil, especially as he added, "Totally took me by surprise."

"Me too," lied the goth.

"Well, now that I'm here, I'm glad I came," he chuckled. "Do you...need a few minutes?"

"Yes," replied the goth. "Both Juniper and I do, indeed."

"Is she tagging along?" He asked. On the surface he sounded normal, but the dryad could clearly sense his undertone of jealousy.