twenty six | quid pro woe

-TWENTY SIX-

"Hey, Pers," chuckled the pixie darkly. "I'm back."

Seething with anger, Juniper hissed, "I thought I said never speak to me ever again," looking her up and down, she added, "You were expelled."

"Doesn't mean I can't enroll again," the girl chuckled evilly. She looked at Wednesday, who was quietly standing in the dark part of the dryad's room and added, "Seems like you moved on pretty well."

"Wednesday's a better girlfriend and person than you could ever be," replied Juniper, her tone so scathing that the pixie had to try not to step back.

"Cara mia, why waste your time talking to imbeciles?" Asked Wednesday walking up to Lyssa.

Juniper looked at her girlfriend, confused as to what was going on. Wednesday winked at her slightly and continued, "Lyssa Fabelle. Can't say it's a pleasure to meet you because it's not."

"I could say the same," scoffed the pixie. "What're you dressed as? A wannabe freak? Halloween's not for many months, and the asylum's too far from here."

"The name's Wednesday Addams," said the goth, "One word out of line to Juniper and be prepared to meet your very timely demise."

"Pers, it looks like your standards took a dark drop after me," said the pixie, entering the room.

Juniper put a hand over her heart and muttered over and over in rapid Greek, "Ξεχασμένο, απρόσκοπτο πνεύμα," which meant 'Begone, unhallowed spirit'.

"Aww," chuckled Lyssa, running a finger down the dryad's jaw in a seemingly tender but menacing gesture. "Trying to banish me from your sacred space, hm?"

The pixie did, however, suddenly feel the cold metal of a knife press against her throat and someone say menacingly in her ear, "Take a step back, and don't even think about using magic else I will slit your throat open here and now."

Lyssa did exactly that, and Juniper said, coldly, "Now why are you here?"

"I came to warn you," said the pixie, trying not to move due to the knife against her neck. "Warn you about Thornhill."

"As if I'd believe your lying, cheating arse," scoffed the dryad. "Bold of you to assume I'd even want to listen in the first place."

"Thornhill isn't who she says she is," said Lyssa. "Trust me, she's just using you to get to a twisted goal."

"Liar!" The dryad exclaimed, claws coming out and her eyes glinting ferally. "You've always been jealous of my relationship with Miss Thornhill, and clearly you're trying to thwart it with such accusations."

The brunette sighed, "Pers, I'm serious. Thornhill has a secret intention and she needs you to fulfil it."

"God, I wish you died that day when you leapt off the building," snarled the dryad. "You go against my wishes to stay away from me, and now you dare raise accusations against someone I consider a parental figure in my life. How malicious can you get, Lyssa?"

"Keep my warning in mind, Pers," said Lyssa. "Thornhill manipulated me once and got me in a huge mess, I don't want that to happen to you."