thirty seven | fall apart, put it together

-THIRTY SEVEN-

Juniper stood vigilantly, her cat purring comfortingly at her feet, as her eyes stayed locked on Tyler, ready to pounce. She didn't care that she would get arrested, she didn't care about her personal records. She only cared about protecting Wednesday.

"Five feet away, Tyler," warned the dryad, sharp nails clicking into view. "One hand on her and your throat meets my claws."

"Truce," said the boy, putting his hands up.

"'Truce' my ass," scoffed the dryad. "I stand by my statement."

Tyler chuckled softly, "You're one violation away from an assault charge, and we're in a police station. I'd keep the violence tamped down to zero, if I were you."

Seething with anger, Juniper stepped back, letting him speak.

"What do you want?" Asked Wednesday with a fierce hostility in her tone.

"To ask a question.," said the Hyde defensively. "What does it feel like? Both of you."

"You talk like my ancestor," scoffed the dryad. "Riddles and vague questions. You've made me hate you more."

"Juniper, calm down," whispered Wednesday before snapping at Tyler, "What does what feel like?"

"To lose," the boy replied, his face morphing from his normally confused looking face to one of mocking victory. He continued as he inched closer to the pair, "You know, at first, I'd wake up naked, covered in blood, no idea what happened. But over time, I started to remember everything. The sound of their screams, the panic in their eyes, and a fear so primal I could taste it."

"You horrible, bug-eyed, rat faced boy, how disgusti-" gasped Juniper, but she was cut off by Wednesday holding her hand tightly and giving it a few reassuring and calming squeezes.

"And it was delicious," laughed the boy softly. He watched as both girls seethed and added, "And Juniper...it's sad that your mind isn't clear. Otherwise we'd have made a good team."

"Fuck off," snapped the dryad, eyes blazing with barely controlled anger as Tyler approached Wednesday.

In a trice, Juniper's claws were out in one hand, her other one slipping away from Wednesday's as she placed her unclawed hand on the boy's chest, stopping him as her other hand hovered dangerously close to where his heart was. Not another step, else my claws and your skin will have a private meeting," she threatened, eyes blazing a vibrant green.

Heeding her warning, Tyler stepped back and chuckled coldly in a way which made both girls slightly uneasy. He said, "You have no idea what's coming."

Both girls stood there, their breaths shuddering as anger coursed through their veins. It was a fire, making their blood bubble like lava, and murderous thoughts brew in their minds.

"I'm gonna kill him," hissed Juniper, hands shaking. "I swear to god, I'm gonna kill him."

Wednesday took a deep breath in and noticed her girlfriend slowly getting unregulated. She took Juniper's hands in hers, making the shaking cease and bringing the redhead back to reality upon feeling the sudden cold sensation on her palms.

"Deep breaths, amore mia," whispered the goth. However, behind her eyes blazed an anger which was subtle, but wasn't missed by Juniper. "Calm down, it's just Tyler."

"Maybe," replied the dryad. "But he's so pissing off. Not to forget that he's the fucking Hyde. That's enough to anger me."

Before Wednesday could say or do anything, Principal Weems wordlessly caught them both by their shoulder and steered them to the car firmly.