Levitating

To say I barely slept that night would be an understatement

To say I barely slept that night would be an understatement. As I said, the next day the locksmith changed the locks for me so that I could return to my house. The truth is, I expected Carlos to ignore me because of the show the day before, but it was putting a foot on my house and I already had a message from him.

We hung out a couple more times in the following weeks until I got a call from him on a Wednesday afternoon.

-Do you want to do something crazy?- he said as soon as I pick up the phone.

-Strange way to say good afternoon but okay- I was watching a series so I stopped it to pay him attention.

-Good afternoon Valentina, how are you doing? I'm doing great, can I tell you now what I had in mind?-I laugh at how impatient he is.

-Yes Carlos go on.

-If you could be anywhere right now where would it be?

I am in the living room of my house under four blankets and I haven't left the house in three days because my hands freeze if I do. Make a crazy guess.

-I don't know, somewhere where it's not fucking cold?

-Exactly! What would you say to me about going to Thailand for a few days?

I expected anything but that really.

-With you?

-Well you could go alone but yes, I would like you to come with me.

I think of a beach, white sand, warm breeze, crystal clear water, Carlos in his swimtruks. Okay I'm sold.

-When?

-Is that a yes?- It was as if I could listen to the smile that form on his lips.

-Give me some more details at least. I don't want to seem desperate by saying yes so soon- Did I seriously say that? he's laughing, i really did said that.

-I have a friend from Thailand who has invited some of my friends to spend a few days there. - he explains. How many friends does he have? I have like four and half of them are related to me.

-Your drivers friends?

-Yes Val, my drivers friends and some of their girlfriends.

This causes me to frown. Was this a couples trip?

-And you want me to go with you?

-I would love you to come with me.

Will I regret this in the future? Possibly. Am I going to do it anyway?

-Okay...yes I'll go. But I'll pay for my part of course.

-Amazing! I will be there tomorrow morning to get you, our plane leaves at noon.

-Wait what? Tomorrow? Carlos you have hardly left me time to prepare!

-Cant wait to see you. Bye!!- And he hung up without letting me say more.