Rewrite the stars

I couldnt live with myself by leaving the last chapter as the definite ending so here is an alternative one...we can leave the other as a what could have happened? After rereading their entire story I couldn't let it end like that, it was too cruel. Am I proud of last chapter? Yeah. Am I going to ignore its existence for the sake of my sanity and stick with this ending? Also yes😂

 Am I going to ignore its existence for the sake of my sanity and stick with this ending? Also yes😂

Carlos' POV

-I'm not having more kids after this one so I hope you're happy with two-Valentina said while squeezing my hand.

I think I heard how a bone broke.

-Maybe we can talk about this when...-She looked at me like she wanted to kill me just for proposing it.

No more children then.

-Okay no more children, I'll go request an appointment for the vasectomy.

-Great- she breathed out through grittes theeth due to the pain.

-Just a couple more pushes.- the doctor said.

-I dont think I can do this- she had sweat all over her forehead and looked like she was about to cry.

-Babe you've already done this once, you can do this- I try to cheer her up .

-No, I can't Carlos, I'm too tired.

She's been in labor for over twenty six hours and hasn't slept a wink.

-Think of that little girl's face, if we are lucky it will be another mini you.

-I wish she looks like you-she pouts.

-Poor her then- I joke-Come on let's find out, just one more push sweetheart.

-I love you so much- I tell her while she groans while pushing.

I hate to see her in pain.

-You're doing amazing.

I keep whispering word of encouragement to her and holding her hand until I hear a cry.

-Congratulations, you have a perfectly healthy baby girl- the doctor said placing the baby on Val's chest.

-I'm so proud of you, you can't imagine how happy you make me Valentina- I said afte kissing her and resting my forehead with hers.

-We have to take her with us to do the routine tests and clean her up- the nurse said.

-Go with her- Val insisted.

-Are you sure?

-Yes, I would go if I could, go with her.

-Carlos- I stoped before going through the door to look back at her- Her name is Lyra okay? Call her Lyra.

We still hadn't decided on the name, being undecided among a few but Lyra...it was perfect.