City of Stars

-Change, we're going out- I tell Carlos as soon as we enter the hotel room

It was the Saturday of the Spanish Grand Prix and we just arrived back to our room after a late afternoon in the paddock and a quick dinner with the team.

-What? We just came from dinner I thought we were going to bed.

-Well I have a present for you so we are going out.

-It's not my birthday?- he said confused.

-I don't care, you win a race, you get a present, come on.

I got us out of the hotel and into a cab. I told the adress to the driver without Carlos listening so it still is a surprise.

-You know, some people say every big city looks the same to them but they are wrong- he said looking through the window of the car.

-I don't know, they are kind of similar aren't they? Always packed with people, big buildings, shiny lights.

-Could you differentiate a photo of Madrid from a photo of Paris?

-Of course, I grew up there.

-That's what make them different, people. I love going to a big city and imagining what life would be like for the people who live there.

We passed right next to the Sagrada Familia, the architecture here was breathtaking.

-If I lived here I think I would never get tired of these views.

-And even so, when we walk around Madrid you almost never look up, it's as if you've gotten used to it.- Carlos, I never look up because I'm always looking at you idiot- I think that the more you travel, the more you learn to value what you have at home.

-Maybe. But as you said before, what makes a city what it is is it's people. If you spend a lot of time looking up you might miss it. And the buildings will still be there, the people won't.

He was satisfied with my answer and just held my hand in the backseat of the taxi. We arrived at our destination and Carlos looked at me surprised.

-The planetarium?

-They have a night session, we couldn't not come.

He took the back of my head and brought me closer to his lips, leaving a somewhat clumsy kiss since he couldn't stop smiling.

-I love you, so so much Valentina.

-I love you so so much too Carlos.

We went in, there were some people since it was Saturday but we were able to find some seats in the back where we weren't too close to anyone, we didn't want to be disturbed.

The lights went out and the first constellations began to be seen while a recording was explaining facts about them, Carlos was entranced looking at them.