Hold On

-Why are you here again?- Miriam asks me

I was setting the table in her kitchen so that the three of us could eat together. I had come to see them before a job later today.

-You were making lasagna.You really thought I would pass up the opportunity to eat it?- I say taking the first bite of food into my mouth. My sister had a damn gift in the kitchen, she didn't make a bad dish.

-So, how's the thing with Carlos going?- she asked casualy. I took a sip of water pretending that I have not heard her.

-Miri, you really outdid yourself today.- I say pointing to the food- Is there any left over that I can take with me?

I hope she said yes to the last part because I havent done groceries in a week.

-I have already prepared the tupperware, dont avoid the question Valentina.- I just shrugged at that. Honestly, this was not one of the conversations I wanted to have right now.

-I dont know what you're talking about.

Just when I was going to put another bite in my mouth Nia grabs my plate.

-Talk or you dont have lasagna- she said taking the plate away from me. The audacity.

-Miri!- I complain- She has taken my lasagna tell her something!

-Nice trick- she have a high five to Nia-I'll write it down for next time.

-Unbelievable- I cross my arms in dissatisfaction.

I don't like having a sister-in-law so much anymore.

-Vale, we've been waiting for you to tell us yourself, but it's been two weeks since you came back from Thailand.

-Nothing happened I told you. We spent an incredible week. He dropped me off at my house and told me we'd see each other soon but we havent.

And that was true. We went back together in a taxi. He got out to say goodbye and just when I thought he was going to kiss me goodbye he told me that we would see each other but that he would left me time to think.

-Have you talked to him?- I'm here thirdwheeling again arent I?

-He said he wanted to give me space. To give me a chance to clear my mind.- I say  stabbing my lasagna.

-You dont seem clear minded- Nia said. No shit Sherlock.

-Of course I'm not! I didnt need space I had almost made a decision about us- I say frustrated.

-You young people- Miri rolled her eyes.

-He's a year older than you- I add.

-Dont remind me.

-Let's see if I have it correct.- Nia starts recounting- He gives you space so that you have time to think but you were just beginning to know what you wanted. And since he is not talking to you now because he is respeting your boundaries, you are even more confused than before?