Falling like the stars

Carlos POV

Carlos POV

I am getting used to waking up with Valentina every morning in my bed and I know that once this trip is over it will be more difficult for me to sleep without her by my side. How has this girl managed to have such an effect on me in such a short time?

I'm usually the one who wakes up with my arms around her. I do it unconsciously but I am not gonna lie, I really enjoy those moments of closeness with her before we get up.

Today it was her who appeared attached to me when I woke up. She was holding on to my arm with her head resting on my shoulder and one of her legs over one of mines. Well I guess my porpouse in life now is being a pillow. And I will do it happily.

I look at the clock and decide that it is time to get up. It's our last full day here and I want us to make the most of it.

I gently caress her face with my free hand and brush a strand of hair from her face. She frowns, not quite convinced to get up yet and hides her head further in my neck.

Yep. We're staying here forever. If Ferrari wants me to race next year they can get me out of this bed themselves.

I was about to go back to sleep when someone opened the door to our room. There was George surprised and with a guilty face at the same time. He stared at us and I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to do something.

-Sorry- he wispered before slowly closing the door again and running off to god knows where.

Great, now Val is waking up. Thank you George.

-What time is it?-she says rubbing her eyes.

-Like ten, but we can still stay for a little bit if you want.

But my own body betrayed me since you could hear how my guts rumble. Couldnt I starve to death in silence?

-Carlos you're hungry-she said sitting up on the bed.

-I can think of something else I would like to eat other than breakfast.

She looks at me raising an eyebrow but in the end she ends up laughing and getting out of bed. It was worth a try.

We went out for breakfast and the rest was already there. I guess that was what George was coming to tell us. I took a coffee and a couple of fruits for myself and left them on the table.

Val had been distracted by showing Carmen some photos on her phone so I decided to get a coffee and toast for her. I leave them in front of her and sit next to her leaving a kiss on the side of her head.

George looks at me and mouths an apology again and I brush it off playing down importance.

We spent the whole day on the beach. We ate, we had dinner there and we didn't pick up our things until it got dark.