Lover of mine

We were on the terrace of Carlos's house taking advantage of some fresh air

We were on the terrace of Carlos's house taking advantage of some fresh air. I was leaning on Carlos chest while reading a book. Carlos was following the story, trying to follow the thread without having read the first part of the book.

-So he's in love with Daisy?- he asks.

-No, he is married to Camila.

-And why does it look like he's going to sleep with Daisy then?

-Carlos, I'm reading the same thing as you, we'll find out.

We read a couple more pages until Carlos asks me another question again.

-Do you like her?

-Daisy?- he nods- I do.

-How? She seems...unstable.

-She's tough. She's a bit lost, but I think her heart is in the right place. She will get there.

-You always try to find the good in people, you know?

His arm was under my shirt mindlessly caressing the skin of my waist.

-People deserve a chance to at least try. I'm not perfect and I never was, never will be. If the people around me hadn't given me opportunities even when I was confused and lost I wouldn't be here.

-I wish I had met you earlier. You feel like a breath of fresh air- he said to my ear.

-We met at the right time, if we had met before who knows what would have happened. And I wouldn't want to guess it, I'm happy where we are.

Carlos' phone began to ring.

-Do not read more, I am liking it, it is the real estate agent.

I put the bookmark on the book and sit up so I can see Carlos's face. He is concentrated, listening carefully to what they tell him. We were at the beginning of July already, We had been looking at some other houses on the internet but we had not seen anything definitive yet. We were waiting for the agency to allow us to go see some to decide more.

-Okay, yes thank you so much, we will be there.

He hung up the phone and put it back on the table, opening the book that I had placed on my lap.

-What are you doing?

-Reading, I want to see what happens.

-Carlos what did they tell you?

-Oh right! We can go see three houses today if we want.

-And why didn't you start by that?

-Don't you always tell me that you want me to read more? And now that I want to read, you ask me why I do it?

This guy...

-I give up, when do we have to be there?

-In four hours.