Home

-Are you feeling better?- Miri asked

It was the end of January and I was feeling like shit. I had caught the flu or something like that and had been in bed with a fever since yesterday.

Miri had come to see me but I felt bad about having her to take care of me before doing a shift at the hospital.

The last thing I spoke to Carlos was yesterday morning, he was here seeing his family before he had to go back to Maranello but I told him he better not come to see me because I wasn't feeling well at all and didnt want him to catch it.

-I'm cold-I groan as I pull the duvet up to my chin.

-Well, don't cover yourself because you're on fire- she said taking the duvet from me, leaving me only covered with the thin sheet- It'll only make your fever rise.

-Don't go nurse mode on me, let me die in peace and warm-I answer back before covering myself as much as I can with the sheet.

-You'll see, in no time you will be fine again.- She said looking at the thermometer and making a face. We didn't need the thermometer to know that my fever hadn't gone down, Miri, I could have told you that.

Someone rang the bell and Miri looked at me with a frown.

-Are you waiting for someone?- she said raising an eyebrow. I looked at her confused.

-Do you see me with the ability to socialize with someone right now?

I sigh, I hate being sick. I don't like how weak I am or that my mind seems constantly cloudy. I'd rather run a marathon right now than feel like this, and mind you, I hate running.

 I'd rather run a marathon right now than feel like this, and mind you, I hate running

Carlos' POV

Val hadn't answered any of my messages since yesterday and the last thing she told me was that she wasn't feeling well so I guess she's still sick.

I decided to go see how she was and bring her some food since the last thing I want when I'm sick is to start cooking.

I really wanted to spend time with her. We had spent the first couple of weeks of the year together but then I had to go back to Italy, having returned just yesterday.