20

Adrian's POV

The weather today was beautiful, the sun sunny and the clouds barely visible. It could've been a great day to be outside. Sipping on iced coffee and smelling leaves from the oak tree. There's so much I would love to do today. But I know I'll just end up in my room and laying down.

If only Felix could see how I am. How much I miss him. Turning over in the morning to his text. Giving each other small glances in the hallway. The smell inside his car. When Felix would come up from behind me and hug me so tightly.

I miss it all.

Now I'm sitting by the window in AP Physics. The old ass teacher doesn't care that nobody is doing work. I just wanna fall asleep here.

There was a rampant knock on the classroom door that no one cared about except for the teacher. I wanted to care about who it was but I haven't cared for anything within the past days.

"The hell are you doing here, Mr. Anderson! Go back to class!" The teacher said. Anderson? But Ryan is already in this class. Could it be...

"I need to talk to someone!" A voice called out. I know that deep voice from anywhere.

I pulled my head up and turned to the door. Felix stood there, staring at me. He held a bouquet of flowers in his hands. They were so big he had to hold it with one arm.

"Felix?" I asked myself.

"Mr. Anderson! Go back to class!" The teacher kept saying but Felix walked past him.

The whole class had stopped their actions to see Felix Anderson come into a junior class.

I could feel my heartbeat going up. Felix stared at me with determination, walking his way towards me. I wanted to run or jump out the window. But I knew that eventually Felix and I were to talk again.

"Adrian?" Felix said. I looked up to see him looking down at me with the same eyes that have captivated me for years.

Deciding to face the music, I stood up and looked into his eyes too.

"What do you want?" I softly asked.

"I'm-I'm sorry!" He blurted out. "I'm so fucking sorry, Adrian! I never should've treated you like that! I promise I'll do better if you give me a chance!" He said.

I stared at him, not sure what to say. One, because I'm shocked. But two, because I don't feel too comfortable talking about this in front of everyone.

"Can we talk in private?" I asked. Felix looked around the room and saw everyone looking at us.

He nodded. "Yeah. Let's go outside." He responded. I got my backpack and we both walked together outside the classroom.

"Mr. Jenkins!" My physics teacher called out.

"Piss off!" Felix yelled at him. Before I exited the class, I turned to see Ryan of all people giving me a small wink. Did he know his brother was going to do this?

Felix and I walked for a bit. None of us said anything. Felix would lead the way through the hallway and I followed close behind. He stopped at the end of the hallway, in front of a huge glass window that let the light in. He sat on the window seal.

"There are for you..." He said and handed out the bouquet for me. I stared at the light pink, white carnations, and baby's breath bouquet and accepted them.

"You were a real piece of shit." I said to him. He cringed and picked the skin of his palm.

"I-I know. And I want to make it up to you." He responded.

"How will you make it up? Everyone thinks I'm some loner who was in a one-sided relationship. Everyone has a picture of me! How will you fix that, huh!?" I said loudly.

Felix was silent for a small moment. "I'll tell everyone! I'll tell everyone that I do in fact love you! And that I was a pussy for not believing in us!" He said. He pleaded, though I'm not sure if I want to believe him.

"And the photo?" I asked.

"I'll tell everyone it's a fake! That I made it up! Or I'll personally go through everyone's phone and delete it! Anything to fix it! Please, Adrian!" He said. His ragged breath and crouching stance indicated he was vulnerable right now.

And it would be the perfect moment for me to strike him.

But... I'm willing to see how much Felix is willing to change. How much he could grow from this.

"Fine." I said. He looked up with a look of relief.

"You mean it?" He asked.

I nodded. "But that doesn't mean I'll forgive you. You'll need to work on yourself and our relationship if we want this to work. And if at any moment you fuck up, we're over! Got it?" I asked.

"Of course, Adrian! Of course!" He said. He jumped up and gave me a tight hug.

"The flowers, Felix!" I said. He split away quickly and looked down at the crushed flowers.

"I'll buy you new ones!" He quickly told me. I smiled at him and he tried to lean in for a kiss.

I stopped him by putting my palm on his lips. "Not yet, Felix. First, fix what you broke, then we can go back to how things were." I said.

"I'm not sure things will be the same again..." He added.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Cause soon, everyone is gonna know that Felix Anderson is gay. And is in love with Adrian Jenkins." He replied.

It took me so much not to lean in and give him the biggest hug and kiss. However, I need to control myself first.

But hopefully, Felix manages to actually come through with his promises.

------

i'm worried by how people will perceive the last few chapters. i'm terrified that it won't meet the standards of how people want it to end or if the character development is justified. i guess since more people are reading each update when i release them, it's made me more self-aware about what i publish and if it's good enough.

nevertheless, i'll keep updating til the end with the hope that it's good enough for someone out there. if at least one person enjoys it from start to finish, i'll know i did my job.

well, cheers mate! <3