23

Felix’s POV

“Text me when lunch begins. You’re sitting with me!” I told Adrian. 

“Yes! You’ve told me five times already! I’m gonna be late!” He said.

“Alright! Fine.” I gave in. “Wait!” Before I let Adrian go from our hug, I pulled him back in and kissed his cheek in front of everyone. 

“I’ll text you later.” Adrian said with a red face.

“Bye!” I said as he began to walk away to enter the school. I stood there waiting until he finally entered the school.

I began to collect my books from off the table until I felt a small smack on my shoulder from behind. I turned and saw Dean.

“Dude! I didn’t know you were actually gay! What gives?” He asked.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“Last week, you said that you were just fucking with Adrian. Now, you’re openly kissing him. What happened?” He asked. I looked at where Adrian just entered.

“Adrian makes me feel like I’ve never felt before. I’d be an idiot to let that go. I fucked up and I’m just lucky he gave me a second chance. I’m not fucking it up this time.” I said.

“Wow. He’s really got you on a leash. You sound like an Ed Sheeran song.” Dean giggled.

“Shut up!” I scoffed but also smiled to myself.

As everyone left, I knew what I needed to do. I began to scour the halls and every empty crevice. That’s when I decided to check the girls’ bathroom.

“Lauren!” I called out.

“Felix? Get out! This is the girl’s bathroom!” She said. I noticed her trying to hide a vape pen.

“Listen. You spread that picture of Adrian. Is there any way you can maybe tell people it’s a fake or something?” I asked.

“Who?” She asked.

“Adrian. You spread a photo of him with his ass out.” I reminded her. The gears in her brain began turning.

“Oh, right! I heard you two are an actual thing now. Heh…” She laughed and took a hit from her pen. “Ugck, this shit tastes bad.” She said. “Sure. But it’s gonna cost ya.” She said. She rubbed her fingers together as if she wanted money.

“No way! I’m not paying you.” I said.

“Alright. Then I won’t do anything. Unless you give me something.” She said.

“How about a lawsuit? Or police charges? It can easily be traced back to you. And everyone will know what you did and look down on your life.” I said, leaning closer to her. Her back hit the wall. “What do you say?” I asked.

“F-Fine! I’ll tell people it’s a fake! God!” She groaned. 

The bathroom door opened and a girl walked in.

“This is the girls’ bathroom!” She yelled.

“Shut up, Linda!” Both Lauren and I said to her. The girl immediately walked out the bathroom.

“I’ll be honest, Felix. You kinda gave me gay vibes.” She puffed from her vape pen.

“Really? What made you think that?” I asked.

“You once wore a pink crop top to school for months on end. Everyone thought you were just expressive and into fashion.” She leaned in and blew smoke in my face. “But I know what you really are.” She said.

“You scare me. Can’t believe you caught that I was gay.” I said. Lauren began to gather her makeup from the sink and stuff it in her bag. She walked towards the trashcan and turned around.

“Takes one to know one.” She winked. “I’ll see you around, Felix. Good luck on your relationship as an openly gay man.” She said and walked out the bathroom.

Welp, this took a turn.

Lunch came and I was so excited to tell Adrian about what I did. His small frame was walking over to where I was. His face was already red because I kept yelling his name from across the room to him.

“Can you be any louder? You’re scaring the boy!” Lynn said.

“Don’t you dare tempt me.” I gave her a glare. 

Adrian reached the table. I removed my backpack from the seat next to me and let him sit there. 

“Why do I feel like I’m some sort of celebrity now?” He asked.

“Honey, you bagged the most sought after guy in the whole school. You were vindicated from the past rumors and proved everyone wrong that Felix was in fact in love with you. It really should be no surprise.” Brenda explained. 

Adrian sat there and was thinking for a bit. “Yeah. I guess.” He said.

I explained everything to Adrian about my conversation with Lauren. He was happy that he might get to live through that. Although it never should’ve happened in the first place.

When school came to an end, Ryan pulled me aside in the hallway.

“I need to talk to Adrian.” He said. I looked at him.

“So go talk to him.” I replied.

“Dude, he’s not gonna want to talk to me. Can you give him a message for me?” Ryan asked.

I guess since he’s my little brother I’ll do this for him.

------

hey guys. friday is the antepenultimate chapter then finally the penultimate and finale. i'm kinda not ready to say goodbye to these characters...

<3 <3