3

Minji finally had a very interesting day after 2 years. And she thanks Hanni for it a lot. She accompanied Minji the whole day. She noticed that she can't keep up the conversation and always gives small responses. She is kinda disappointed because she was very good at conversation before. It's crazy how much everything changed for her and about her. But it wasn’t a big problem since Hanni can talk a lot. She talked about everything in a very interesting way which made Minji get curious about. It's been a day only but for Minji it feels like she has already spent a lot of time with Hanni

"Here's your cappuccino" Hanni handles a cup of cappuccino while taking a sip from her boba.

"Thanks" Minji takes a sip from her hot cappuccino and it feels like her sore throat finds a relaxing situation for it.

"Does your throat hurt the same as it was in the morning?" Hanni asks.

"Kinda yeah. That's why I'm drinking this hot drink again" Minji replies.

It's already getting dark. But Hanni brought Minji in this one park she loves to visit during the evening after it gets dark. 

"The view looks very beautiful" Minji says.

"I know right. This is why I come here every evening and just sit on a bench to enjoy the view" Hanni replies while walking with Minji.

"Do you live anywhere near?" Minji asks.

"Yes my place is at block B" Hanni replies.

"What? Really? My place is at block B too" Minji surprisingly says.

"Seriously? What's the road number?" Hanni looks at Minji.

"4" Minji replies.

"Hell no, mine too?" Hanni jumps excitedly.

"Damn we literally are neighbors?" Minji laughs.

"It seems to be. What's your house number?" Hanni asks again.

"143" Minji replies while taking another sip from her drink.

"Aw mine is 136" Hanni sadly says.

Minji stares at Hanni who is sadly drinking her boba. She smiles a bit thinking that this girl is like a kid sometimes.

"Hey at least we are neighbors" Minji pats Hanni's shoulder and eventually gets surprised by her own action. For her it's such a bold, friendly move. 

"That's true. Let's walk home together then" Hanni says.

"So you live here" Minji asks, looking at the tall building.

"Yes,on the 3rd floor" Hanni replies as she opens the gate.

"That's my building right there and my flat is on the 3rd floor too" Minji points her finger in the opposite direction of Hanni's place.

"Oh wow. We literally can see each other from our balconies. I wonder how I haven't met you yet when we literally live beside each other" Hanni laughs.

"Probably because I just moved here 2 months ago and didn’t really came outside much" Minji replies

"True" Hanni says.

"Do you live alone?" Minji curiously asks.

"No, with a friend who is basically my junior" 

"Ahh understood"

"So ummm bye? I guess?" Minji awkwardly says.

"You know you don't have to say it that awkwardly" Hanni laughs out.

"Umm sorry" Minji looks down avoiding Hanni's gaze.

"Can I get your number?" Hanni walks near Minji.

Minji gets taken aback seeing how close Hanni was standing in front of her. She surely spent the whole day with her but she wasn’t this close. 

"Umm ahh su-sure" Minji hurriedly hands over her phone to Hanni. Hanni types her own number on Minji's phone then calls her own number from Minji's number to get her number.

"Thank you. And goodnight" Hanni says and then pats Minji's shoulder before walking away towards her apartment.

Minji watches Hanni till she disappears. A small smile forms on her face which she doesn’t know why. She takes one more glance at the direction Hanni walked away before walking away.

Hanni enters her apartment and a nice scent of food tickles her nose. A big smile forms on her face as she walks towards the kitchen. There she meets the younger girl who is busy cooking.

"Haerin, I am back" Hanni says.

"I noticed already" Haerin replies without even giving a glance at Hanni.

Hanni pouts and goes back to her room. Haerin finally looks over and smiles. She knows how much Hanni whines every time she ignores the older. They have been sharing this apartment for 5 years and she honestly enjoys living with this chaotic girl. And also she likes ignoring her to see her senior whining like a kid.

After 10 minutes Haerin puts the meal on the table and goes to Hanni's room to call her. When she removed the curtain she saw the older one had already fallen asleep without even changing her clothes. Also there is no blanket over her. She sighs and puts the blanket to cover Hanni. She wonders how can someone fall asleep comfortably wearing outfits which they use to go outside. But she knows Hanni is weird. Nothing she does can surprise Haerin anymore. 

"Goodnight Hanni" Haerin quietly says before turning off the light and closing the door.

Minji stopped writing in her notebook after she finally finished studying. She gets up and goes to the balcony. Currently it's not snowing and a light breeze is blowing. She puts her arms on the grill and takes a deep breath. Her eyes find their way to the balcony of the apartment opposite her balcony. She assumes that it's probably Hanni's room. She starts recalling the whole day.

Everything that happened today seems like a dream to Minji till now. Hanni suddenly approaches her,having a conversation with her,sharing a desk with her,taking her to a park and then finally walking home with her. Like it's unbelievable that it all happened on the same day. Minji smiles remembering the time she spent with Hanni today but suddenly the smile fades away by a sudden thought.

"Do I really deserve a friend? I don't even have the ability to keep them safe" Minji mumbles.

Soon her mood drops and she sighs deeply. Minji decides to go back to her room and try to fall asleep since it's cold here and she needs to wake up early for uni. 

Before sleeping she checks her phone contact. The last call was Hanni's number. She smiles seeing how Hanni saved her number on Minji's phone by putting a bunny emoji beside her name. 

"Cute" Minji mumbles.

"Whatever the fuck I am on. I guess I am just overwhelmed by today's incidents. Everything is gonna be normal again" Minji slaps her cheek lightly and shakes her head before turning off the bedside lamp and closing her eyes.