9

Hanni wakes up as soon as the alarm goes on. She takes her phone from the bedside table to turn off the alarm before getting up and stretching her arms. When she looks to the right side of her, she meets a sleeping Minji who seems to be having a peaceful sleep. Hanni decides not to wake Minji up right now since it's Sunday and 9 am only. Minji seemed to have a tough day yesterday so she should just sleep for some more time.

Hanni gets up from the bed and opens the door of her room to go to the living room. There she sees Haerin standing beside the dining table and drinking water.

"Good morning kang kitty" Hanni greets Haerin with a big smile.

"Morning" Haerin just expressionlessly greets Hanni back.

"Did you make breakfast yet?" Hanni asks while opening the fridge to grab milk.

"Not yet but I am about to" Haerin replies.

"By the way, Minji came last night" Hanni says as she closes the door of the fridge.

"I know, I opened the front door for her" Haerin puts down the glass from her hand after finishing drinking water.

"Also we argued" 

"I know, I heard you yelling at her even though I had airpods on"

"She slept over here"

"I know, because I didn’t hear the front door open which would be the sign of her leaving"

Hanni frowns at Haerin. She has been sharing the apartment with this cat eyed girl for 5 years already and she still finds her confusing. They live together yet she feels like she doesn’t know or can understand Haerin properly yet. But one thing she knows is that she adores Haerin a lot. And even though Haerin doesn’t show any affection, Hanni clearly knows Haerin cares for her too. When she got into a car accident, it was Haerin who took care of her for almost 2 months. She even once caught Haerin crying silently when her condition was critical at first. Which was obviously very surprising because it was the very first time Haerin actually showed any emotion properly which was genuine. Which made it even special.

"So should I make breakfast for the three of us?" Haerin speaks up which makes Hanni to come back from her deep thoughts.

"Yeah sure" Hanni gives Haerin a thumbs up.

It was an absolutely annoying thing for Haerin to make breakfast today. It was fine while she was just making breakfast for herself and Hanni. But when she started making it for Minji, Hanni started giving her hundreds of instructions and shits which are getting on Haerin's nerves now.

"Don't burn the toast too much or else Minji will not be able to eat"

"Don't put tomato, Minji doesn’t like it"

"Make sure to cut the crust properly, Minji hates crust"

"Don't give her juice she doesn’t like juice, she loves coffee only"

"Slice the toast into half, she likes her toast in that way"

"Don't fry her egg too much, keep the yolk runny a bit. She loves that"

Haerin slams the spoon on the kitchen counter out of being too annoyed which makes Hanni flinch and shut her mouth.

"Well Hanni, if Minji is that much picky and you know what she likes and what she doesn’t why don't YOU make the breakfast for her" Haerin shoves the spoon to the dumbfounded Hanni.

"Well yeah true you are right. I should do it instead" Hanni awkwardly laughs and starts frying the egg.

Haerin just crosses her arms on her chest and stands there watching Hanni cooking breakfast for Minji. It's weird because Hanni doesn’t even cook anything for her except ramen sometimes. It's always Haerin who cooks for both of them. So seeing Hanni cooking for someone else is totally surprising. 

"It's done" Hanni excitedly says while putting the egg on a plate from the frying pan.

"Wow I thought you can't cook" Haerin says, examining the egg.

"Why would you think that?" Hanni frowns.

"Because you don't cook for yourself even when you are starving because you wait for me to cook it for you" Haerin replies.

"Yeah true but since you don't know Minji's preference in foods so I gotta make it by myself for her. Since she is actually very picky" Hanni laughs.

"I am surprised that you know a lot about her. I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if she was some normal best friend of yours whom you have known for 5 months already. But you said Minji is very different. She doesn’t even talk much and mostly is focused on her books. And doesn’t open up either. So even though two of you are best friends it's still surprising to see you know very detailed things about her" Haerin finishes saying and starts taking the three of their breakfast to the table.

"I mean you are right. She never opens up about herself. And she didn’t tell  me any of the things I know about her by herself" Hanni starts making coffee for Minji.

"Then how did you get to know about these all?" Haerin frowns.

"By observing" Hanni turns to Haerin.

"Observing?" Haerin raises her brow.

"Yes. I always observe everything she does. From the way she talks,stares,writes,studies,eats,shows expression and everything" Hanni proudly says.

"Wow. It seems like you are in love with her and think of her more than a friend" Haerin scoffs.

"What? No no no no no. She is just my friend, my best friend like you" Hanni quickly defends herself.

"Cut it off Hanni, you don't even know my favorite color" Haerin shakes her head in disbelief.

"Obviously I know, it's blue" Hanni slams her hand on the table.

"It's green" Haerin coldly looks at Hanni.

"Ah well ummm…ye-yeah I remember now it-it's green. Blue is Minji's favorite color" Hanni scratches her nape.

Haerin just sighs. It's not like she is surprised. She definitely knows that she and Minji aren’t the same towards Hanni.

"I will go wake Minji up" Hanni puts the coffee on the table and walks to her room.

"I wish I was your first priority at least for once" Haerin mumbles and sighs.

Hanni enters her room and sees Minji has rolled over from her place to Hanni's place and is now sleeping while hugging Hanni's bear stuffed toy. Hanni laughs lightly seeing Minji sleeping like a little kid. Her face automatically turns into an awe expression. She goes close to Minji and gently caresses her forehead.

"A big bear is hugging a small bear" Hanni mumbles and smiles.

It causes Minji to frown as the sign of her waking up. She opens her eyes slowly and sees Hanni's smiling face looking at her lovingly. 

"Not her making me feel the same weird feeling like last night in this early morning by doing this again" Minji thinks in her mind.

"Morning, Minjibear" Hanni pats Minji's head.

"Morning" Minji greets back while stretching her arms.

"I have made your breakfast. Go wash your face first" Hanni grabs Minji's hand and starts pulling her.

"5 more minutes wait" Minji doesn’t let Hanni pull her off.

"The food is gonna get cold, get up" Hanni keeps pulling Minji. But Minji is pulling her hand towards herself.

And obviously Hanni wasn’t strong enough to pull Minji without her will which causes Hanni to fall over Minji. 

"Ouch" Minji yelps in pain because Hanni's elbow hits her stomach.

"See, this is what happens when you are stubborn" Hanni laughs out while getting up.

"Can you stop laughing" Minji struggles saying while getting up,holding her stomach.

"No, now go wash your face" Hanni lightly pushes Minji to get her off the bed.

"Geez fine" Minji finally gets up and goes to the washroom.

"You are really a big baby sometimes,Kim Minji" Hanni shakes her head while smiling.