23

"Minji, I am really glad to have a best friend like you" Dani suddenly said.

"Why would you say that suddenly?" I chuckled.

"I just feel like saying it randomly. Not a lot of people get luck like me to have a friend like you" Dani shrugged off.

"It's not that lucky. Technically if you think about it, I am an unlucky person. And whenever you are with me something bad happens to you too" I said.

"No it's not true" Dani said annoyedly.

"Dani, how can you say that when we are literally on the ground right now falling from that tree and now our waist is hurting so much so we can't even get up" I looked beside me where Dani was lying down and whining in pain.

"Ugh, it's fine. It's not your fault anyway" Dani whines.

"We both are pro at climbing trees but we never did it together. For the first time we tried it today to see that bird's nest, we both fell down even though we were on different branches" I wheezed.

"It doesn’t mean that you are unlucky. Probably I am the unlucky one" Dani defended.

"I feel like one day you are gonna die because of me" I joked while laughing.

"It will be fine anyway. Dying because of your best friend whom you love so much. Sounds so poetic" Dani wheezed which made me kick her leg as I was wheezing too.

"Listen moron, don't you ever dare to die on me. I will make sure you will be alive again so I will choke you to death if that happens" I threatened Dani.

"Whatever you say" Dani wheezed and slapped my shoulder.

"Dani, Dani wake up please" I said while shaking Dani's cold body.

"You told me you are not gonna die on me. What happened to your words? I thought you always keep your words" I shouted as I could feel my tears falling already like rainfall.

"Dani for god's sake, wake up please. Don't leave me like this. I don't have anyone else by my side except you. Dani please" I put my head on Dani's chest.

"Who is gonna listen to me? Who is gonna make sure that I ate my meals on time? Who is gonna help me with my anxiety? Who is gonna comfort me when I have a hard time? Who is gonna understand my struggles? Who is gonna take care of me? You promised you will always be there for me. Now why are you leaving me in this cruel world alone?" I cried out.

I kept crying on Dani's chest before two of Dani's other friends pulled me away. One nurse put back the cover over Dani's face and pulled away her stretcher. I was screaming to not do that while trying to get away from Dani's friends' grip but they tightly held me. Soon I lost all the remaining energy I had and fell down on my knees. 

"Dani….you didn’t even say one last goodbye to me before leaving. How am I going to live with this burden? You died because of me. I don't deserve to live. I don't deserve to live…." I mumbled before fainting on the cold floor.

"I don't deserve to live" Minji mumbles.

She takes one more step to the edge of the boundaryless rooftop. She looks down and can see the passing cars and people there. They are looking very tiny.

"It seems so high. Will it hurt a lot? Probably. Doesn’t matter anyway. Dani also felt a lot of pain. So that's what I deserve too" Minji mumbles again as her tears fall from her eyes.