16

"Ahh finally finished it" Hanni clicks the save button on her laptop and leans back on the couch.

"I hope Ms. Choi will like this design. If not then she can go to hell. I have corrected it 5 times already. If she tells me to correct it again I am just gonna leave this fucking job and will just focus on my studies for now" Hanni mumbles and stretches her arms.

She checks her phone for the time. It's just 11:30 am and it means Minji isn’t coming anytime soon. So she decides to go and check on Haerin. It's been 2 weeks since she last talked with Haerin face to face. Clearly she knows that Haerin is kinda upset with her.

Hearing the knocks, Haerin wakes up from her sleep. She was awake almost the whole night studying for the uni entrance exam. She remembered that she sat on the couch at 5 am just to drink water but somehow she fell asleep and now woke up. She walks towards the door while rubbing her eyes. She gets surprised by the figure in front of her after opening the door.

"Hanni?" Haerin confusedly asks.

"Yeah? You are acting like it's surprising to see me here" Hanni laughs while entering.

"Well it actually is. Since you don't live here anymore" Haerin closes the door.

"But it's still our place" Hanni jumps onto the couch.

"Our. It was probably before. But now you call Minji's place 'our' place instead for sure" Haerin thinks in her mind and laughs sarcastically.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?" Hanni asks as she takes an apple from the table to eat.

"No, I just woke up" Haerin sits beside Hanni.

"Just woke up? You are an early riser, how come you woke up just now?" Hanni frowns.

"I was studying the whole night for my uni entrance exam" Haerin replies.

"What? You are giving a uni entrance exam? I thought you are still in your last year of highschool" Hanni gets surprised which makes Haerin sigh heavily.

"No. I graduated 2 months ago and I told you. But I guess you forgot. You are not up to date with me anymore" Haerin says in a cold tone.

Hanni feels bad now. She can tell Haerin is upset and hurt by her. She was actually very busy for the past 2 months to build her bond with Minji stronger and she somehow doesn’t like to stay without Minji nowadays. Plus she was focused on organizing and decorating Minji's place too so she can stay there because Minji makes the place so messy. Her work has been so harsh to her for the past few days because her clients have thousands of complaints about the design she creates. 

For all of those things Hanni wasn’t that much touched with Haerin till now. They do talk sometimes but it's normal chit chat. They don't really have a conversation face to face anymore like they used to have before. Hanni knows Haerin is introverted and doesn’t really open up to everyone except some of her close friends. Hanni was one of them. But now she is feeling extremely bad for stopping having conversation with her suddenly unintentionally.

"Haerin" Hanni holds Haerin's hands.

"I am sorry, Haerin. I have been really busy with everything for the past few days. And couldn’t really be up to date with things properly. I swear it wasn’t intentional. You know I care for you right? I would never do it intentionally" Hanni apologizes, caressing Haerin's hands.