Part 7✨

Anaya's POV

At the breakfast table he asked me about my family behavior with me and why they treated me like this.
"I don't know it's always been i never really minded and you shouldn't too"
I said
"They are straight disrespecting you and you were taking it all"
I just shrugged my shoulder.

We both have moved on from completely ignoring each other to casual conversations. He even called me his wife Infront of people. He defended me Infront my own family. I never really talked back I'm just to taking it all but knowing there is a person who is going to defend me is really heartwarming.

At night:
"You have to move in my room" He casually said.
"What!!"
"My aunt is coming to stay with us for a few days. She is very happy that i got married. I don't want to disappoint her. So shift your stuff in my room for some time"

I have to stay in the room with him. I don't know what to expect . I shifted all my stuff to his room and prepared the room for Shahnawaz's aunt. I went with Shahnawaz to receive her at the airport.
"Oh you are so pretty. Shahnawaz did a great job" She said.

I like her she is so sweet. The whole ride she was telling me Shahnawaz's embarrassing childhood stories. Shahnawaz stopped her multiple time but gave up when she didn't bother.

I was standing in Shahnawaz room figuring out where to sleep.
"Why are you standing" Shahnawaz asked entering the room.
"Where am i going to sleep"
"Where do you think people sleep"
"Then where are you going to sleep?"
"On this bed"

I layed on the bed farther side from him.
"If you move even an inch I'm sure you are going to fell on the bed" he Chuckled.
i made a pillow barrier and he continued laughing.

I grumbled and tried to sleep and eventually did. When i woke felt heavy weight on me. I panicked and started moving but no avail. It was too heavy. It was Shahnawaz. He was holding me like a pillow. My constant poking woke him up.
"What" He said
"You are suffocating me"
"Sorry i didn't realize when i come here" He moved away.

I got freshen up and went to the kitchen. Aunt was already there.
"I already made breakfast. You don't have to worry"
Shahnawaz came downstairs too.
"How did you sleep" Aunt asked Shahnawaz.
"Like a baby my pillow was very soft" He smirked at me.

I can't believe he is teasing me. So i played along.
"Yeah he was basically suffocating his pillow with all his weight"
"Couldn't help myself it's not everyday you get pillows like this"
This shut me up.
Is he flirting with me?
"Ok i am going to the office" He said and got up.
"Anaya aren't you going to send him off" Aunt said
"Why"
"What do you mean why? He is your husband"
"Right"

I went after him and stood behind him didn't know what to say.
"What are you doing?" He asked
"Sending you off your aunt asked me to"
"So do it"
"Khair nal jao (Have a safe journey)"

He started laughing and went to his car.

I was cleaning the house with Shahnawaz's thoughts circling in my mind. He is not only talking to me but even joking with me. I like seeing him smile. I don't know why but it gives me some strange pleasure.

Aunt came to me.
"Why are you doing this? You are newlywed it doesn't suit you"
" i have been married for 2 months I'm hardly a newlywed" I laughed
"How come you guys didn't go for honeymoon?"
"I didn't know what to say so i said Shahnawaz has been so busy we couldn't plan it"
"Enough of your excuses I'll plan it and send you guys as soon as possible"

I have only stayed with him in his room for one day and she wants me to go to honeymoon. Can't blame her she doesn't know that we don't have a relationship because Shahnawaz made it clear the first day that he is never going to consider me his wife.

Lately Shahnawaz has been giving me mixed signals. First he defended me Infront of my own family, Slept on the same bed as me and even teased me. He has confused me so much. I don't understand what's going on his mind.

Hope you like this chapter
Do vote and comment.
Peace out ✌️