7🌹

Areeba's POV:

Valentine day is coming up. I don't care. That is what i tell myself everyday. Abubakar is awfully busy on 14 for someone who claims to be single.

"Hey what's up stranger" Abubakar smiled.
"Hi"
"Where have you been these past few days? You aren't in the class too"
"Can i tell you a secret?".
"Sure"
"I am proposing to someone on 14" I can feel my heart breaking. I think i have a heard a crack. With difficulty i gathered myself.
"Who is this lucky girl? Do i know her?"
"Yes you do"
"Alrighty tell me the details i want all of it" Despite my persistence he refused to give me any details. He didn't even tell her name. I shouldn't care. It is his life he can do whatever he wants. But why does it hurt?

Abubakar texted me that he wanted to pick up flowers for his date. I try to refuse him but he whined saying i am his only friend so i had to agree. So right now i am standing in a flower shop with Abubakar who can't make up his mind about what he wants.

"At least help me"
"You have rejected every flower in this shop and now you are asking for my help"
"Come on give me na"
"I don't even like flowers pick a rose or whatever" He held my hand and start going out of the shop without buying the flowers.
"Wait weren't you suppose to buy flowers"
"Not anymore we are picking something else"

I spent my whole day with him buying stuff to prepare him for the date. Internally i am screaming i just want to cry. I shouldn't feel bad about this. I am such a bad friend o can't even be happy for my friend's happiness.

Abubakar has not come to class today because apparently he wants to plan the perfect proposal. He texted me to meet in the cafeteria because he wants to ask something. I so want to ignore this text. Half heatedly i got up and start walking towards the cafeteria. Why is the hallway so empty. Is everyone attending the classes? That can't be true. Why are the cafeteria lights off. Suddenly the room illuminated blinding me. When my vision got cleared i see Abubakar holding a signing "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I can't believe this is happening. All the students are gathered around me. They sprinkled petals on me as i walk.
"What is happening?" I mouthed to Abubakar.
"Areeba my friend and my seat partner will you give me the pleasure to me your boyfriend?"
There is pin drop silence in the cafeteria. Everyone is waiting for my answer. My brain fails to comprehend this situation.

"Yes" Everyone start clapping. Abubakar jumped and hugged me. Tears are coming out of the eyes. A girl came and gave me a bouquet. Everyone is coming to congratulate me. Abubakar gave me a box which has all the stuff which he bought together.

"Did you like my surprise?" I elbowed him in the gut.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I didn't want to ruin the surprise"
"Since when"
"Since the time you asked to sit next to me"
"But you refused to gave me the seat" He only grinned in reply. He held my hand and kissed it making me blush.

"I have got one more surprise for you" O i am so excited. He passed me a wrapped gift.
"What is it" I asked with excited.
"Open it" I tore off the wrapper to find an album.
"It has got all the pictures i have taken of you without you knowing"
I gasped. There must be a hundred pictures here. The first one is from the day we met when he refuse to gave him his seat. As i turned down the pages i find more and mo re pictures. He has literally taken a picture everyday. I hugged him. He has done so much for me.

I am so happy that i completely forgot how am i going to sneak these gifts in the house. Abubakar must have sensed it too because he asked what happened.
"I can't take these gifts" He instantly got serious.
"Why not"
"You know mama and her interrogation"
"Don't worry i will find a way" I smiled. Only he can calm me down with just his words.