Ch 59:the First New year

Before Doctor Wu left, he was so good to his family. Su Sanlang was indescribably touched. What right did he have to bear Doctor Wu's great kindness?

He did not know if he would ever have the chance to repay such kindness in this lifetime.

Su Sanlang was a little melancholic. He held the paper tightly and said firmly, "Darling, we can't take Doctor Wu's things for free. Let's keep them for the time being and keep track of how much meat and food we have. We can often replace them with fresh ones. When Doctor Wu comes back one day, we'll return these things to him."

Perhaps Doctor Wu would be back in a few months.

They had to have a conscience. They could not forget the kindness that Doctor Wu had shown them. Now that Doctor Wu had gone on a long trip, they would keep these things for the time being. When he returned, they would return them to him.

"Okay, that's what I thought too."

Madam Zhao nodded. She would feel bad if she took these things for free. Even if Doctor Wu had left the note for them, they still could not accept it just like that. They would keep it for the time being and return it to him when he returned. Only then would they feel comfortable.

Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao estimated the weight of the rice and counted the cured meat.

Fifty catties of rice, seven pieces of cured meat, six chickens, and three ducks.

After noting it down, they put away the rice and grains and hung the bacon above the stove. This way, he could smoke it often and ensure that the bacon would not spoil.

After cleaning up, Madam Zhao and Su Sanlang started cooking dinner.

Su Sanmei carried Su Xiaolu on her back and brought her two brothers to catch insects to feed the chickens.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

After a while, Su Hua grabbed a fat earthworm and said, "Sister, I caught one."

Su Sanmei smiled and said, "Second Brother is so cool."

Su Hua was delighted, his rosy face full of energy.

Su Chong also tried his best to find insects. After a while, he said happily, "Sister, I caught one too."

Su Sanmei also smiled and said, "Big Brother is so awesome too."

Su Sanmei smiled in praise as she silently placed an earthworm into a paper bag. This area was where she often washed up and poured water. Ever since her sister stopped using diapers, there hadn't been as many worms in the ground as before.

The vegetable field that was fertilized with feces, on the other hand, was extremely green and healthy.

Su Sanmei secretly thought that it must be because Simei smelled good that even worms like to live in her bathwater.

Her fourth sister must be a fairy. When her parents entered the mountains, she often prayed that if her fourth sister was a fairy, she would bless her parents' safe return. Although her parents were both injured, Su Sanmei believed that her fourth sister must have done her best.

Therefore, she kept her promise and treated Su Xiaolu even better.

After catching insects and feeding all the chickens and ducks, Madam Zhao was also calling them in for dinner.

There was meat for dinner.

After dinner, Madam Zhao gently washed the children's faces and handed the new clothes to Su Chong and Su Hua. "Chong, Hua, you can wear the new clothes tomorrow."